Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Need toddler teeth help please!

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:40 AM
  • 4 Replies
My daughter is almost a year and a half. Her teeth are causing me to worry. I already took her to the dentist and won't take her back to the one here. He said he can't do anything and told me to take her to a pediatric dentist. It will be a while before I can. (small town. Next town with a pedi dentist is a 6 hour drive away)
Here's what's going on...her guns are always red even though we brush them. Her front canines (I think) have started breaking off before they even come in all the way. (Dentist said her enamel didn't form properly) Molars have come in through the guns about a third of the way and then stopped. That was 2 months a go that they started. She will eat only soft foods. She wants to comfort nurse all the time (about 8 times in a 24 hour period).
Any tips?
Pics in the comments.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SarineLewis
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Love this picture. The flash was really bright.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarineLewis
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Close up. (Yes, someone has mentioned lip tie)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambergem
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 3:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Aw.  Sounds like making that trip to the ped dentist is going to have to happen.  I'm sorry it's so far away.  Would you ever think of relocating? We just moved to outside of a large city and it's opened so many doors entertainment and healthwise.

“Mothers are all slightly insane.”
― J.D. SalingerThe Catcher in the Rye

going crazy

SarineLewis
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:21 AM
I know it is. :( Poor girl. Just have to save up some.
We want to relocate. Just waiting for a job opening. We moved here a couple years a go for my hubby to get a different job and start school. Neither worked well for long and now we are stuck here with a decent job, but don't want to stay. Funny how life turns out.

Quoting ambergem:

Aw.  Sounds like making that trip to the ped dentist is going to have to happen.  I'm sorry it's so far away.  Would you ever think of relocating? We just moved to outside of a large city and it's opened so many doors entertainment and healthwise.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN