Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
At what age did you let your child start dating ? My 14 yr old came to me the other day and told me she was date a boy her age. He stopped over at our house for my other daughters graduation party with a friend of hers, he approached me and told me they have been dating 5 weeks and he wants to buy her a necklace. She has deleted me from her facebook page so i want thru my other daughter and seen pictures of her with this boy being lovey dovey and a picture of them kissing. Comments with the pictures "how cute, get a room, oh you both look so happy ". I'm sorry i think your a bit to young to know if she is the one. Am i wrong ??
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Replies (11-17):
Madelaine
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM

My oldest is 14 and wants to date but she can wait until she is 15 at least.  She has friends her age that do date though.

TheCupcakeMom
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I was 14 when i started dating, but it was all chaperoned! 

And I would make it a reule to be on her facebook, screw that! I know it sounds overprotective but kid's these days are wayyyyy more sexual than they were when I was that age! I would want to know all her business, and if she's doing something that I can't know then that's a problem and the dating would stop!

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 1:37 PM

It's hard to say when my oldest is only 7, lol but I'm assuming around 16

PeachQuean
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 1:40 PM
16 yr old sd can date as she wishes. But she does not!

She'd rather finish school and do her after school and weekend job.

She's a smart kid. She already knows what she wants out of life and is striving for it very hard. Lol

Plus she already knows she does not want kids ever. She actually makes fun of her friends for dating and not working on education to have a career first. Lol

Eta: my oldest is 12, she can date anytime after 13 yrs old.
Leelee1008
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:28 AM

my oldest is 13.. and so far no girlfriends that I know of

timon95
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 9:27 PM

i think i would have to wait and see how mature they are when they hit teens years

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:05 PM

I was 14 when my mom let me date. It  was a boy that my family and parents know. His parents and mine gave us our space but also made sure they knew when and where we were at all times. When we went out to eat our parents were always around

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN