Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I was too excited (I guess)... update

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:37 AM
  • 24 Replies
So all excitedly yesterday I bought a 2 pack of pregnancy tests to use this morning.
Did The Whole pee on a stick thing on one and then checked. 2 solid lines. I check the instructions to make triple sure 2 means pregnant.
Found out: they are ovulation predictors! OOPPPPS. But then I Google (which got my hopes up) that because I am a week late it could mean I'm pregnant. But now I've got to wait 24 hours to test with an actual pregnancy test! Oh the suspense is killing me. Lol

NEVER MIND. I WENT AHEAD AND TESTED WITH AN ACTUAL PREGNANCY TEST AND IT IS POSITIVE YAY I'm going to test in the morning just in case because I did get a two pack anyway lol

So I took my second one just because and it was definitely positive. My husband was so excited he told everyone right away. So then I had to tell everyone in my family. Which is nice to go ahead and get it all over with. :)
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmyboys...
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:40 AM
No need to wait 24 hours if you are a week late. First morning urine is not a necessity if you are that late.
Shani527
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Really? I just thought that was standard! Lol
christina122952
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 1:45 PM
Cool. Let's us know if it is postive
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Keep us posted.
goldilocksbecky
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:02 AM
1 mom liked this

It's the best (most concentrated) if you are trying to get a positive to register early on.  But you are far enough along that it's not necessary.  You're pregnant all day long.

Think about all of this women who (surprise) found out they were pregnant at the doctors office or ER.  They weren't using first morning urine.

Years back when home pregnancy tests first came out they weren't nearly as powerful/accurate, so they recommended using first morning urine as standard practice to increase the accuracy (not give false negatives because it don't pick up the hormone).  They were also more expensive, so it was a one shot deal.  The mindset may carry over from that.  But the tests have improved dramatically and gotten cheap enough to allow for multiple tests, so it's really not necessary unless you're testing very early on and want to increase your chances of picking up that little trace of hormones.

Congratulations! 

Quoting Shani527: Really? I just thought that was standard! Lol

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!

Shani527
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:41 AM
I was not thinking of that or maybe I was thinking just shy of a week late as still early to tell. Which is wrong because early would be before a missed period.
And Lmao @pregnant all day

I'm still excited that I actually Google about ovulation tests testing for pregnancy. I still think that is neat in its own little way.

Quoting goldilocksbecky:

It's the best (most concentrated) if you are trying to get a positive to register early on.  But you are far enough along that it's not necessary.  You're pregnant all day long.

Think about all of this women who (surprise) found out they were pregnant at the doctors office or ER.  They weren't using first morning urine.

Years back when home pregnancy tests first came out they weren't nearly as powerful/accurate, so they recommended using first morning urine as standard practice to increase the accuracy (not give false negatives because it don't pick up the hormone).  They were also more expensive, so it was a one shot deal.  The mindset may carry over from that.  But the tests have improved dramatically and gotten cheap enough to allow for multiple tests, so it's really not necessary unless you're testing very early on and want to increase your chances of picking up that little trace of hormones.

Congratulations! 

Quoting Shani527: Really? I just thought that was standard! Lol

christina122952
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Did you take the other test?
Shani527
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Oh yes I did. It's positive. :)

Quoting christina122952: Did you take the other test?
christina122952
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Congrats

Quoting Shani527: Oh yes I did. It's positive. :)

Quoting christina122952: Did you take the other test?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN