Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

spoiled????

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 2:57 PM
  • 13 Replies
My newborn will not sleep in his crib or swing or bouncer at night. The only way my husband and I can get him to sleep is either to hold him or let him sleep with us. Any ideas on how we can get him to sleep in his crib? He sleeps fine in his crib during the day but after 9pm foget it. ?
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oliveoil423
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Carry a stuff animal around with you. Like in your pocket when your oug or just around the house and put it in your shirt. Once you put him or her down put the animal in tge crib and he or she will be fine. The baby is looking for your smell. I had hard time with my daughter with that cause i was a new mom two years ago. And i needed my moms help to put her in the crib or my dad will come down stairs and take her and put her in the bassinett and slept in that for a few hours or till she got hungry.

But i need to get a stuff animal with my baby number two so we can get him to sleep in the bassinet.
Koreysmomma
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Thanks I will definitely try this

Quoting oliveoil423: Carry a stuff animal around with you. Like in your pocket when your oug or just around the house and put it in your shirt. Once you put him or her down put the animal in tge crib and he or she will be fine. The baby is looking for your smell. I had hard time with my daughter with that cause i was a new mom two years ago. And i needed my moms help to put her in the crib or my dad will come down stairs and take her and put her in the bassinett and slept in that for a few hours or till she got hungry.

But i need to get a stuff animal with my baby number two so we can get him to sleep in the bassinet.
oliveoil423
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Your welcome.

My husband saif yhat his mom did that with his sister and worked.

Quoting Koreysmomma: Thanks I will definitely try this

Quoting oliveoil423: Carry a stuff animal around with you. Like in your pocket when your oug or just around the house and put it in your shirt. Once you put him or her down put the animal in tge crib and he or she will be fine. The baby is looking for your smell. I had hard time with my daughter with that cause i was a new mom two years ago. And i needed my moms help to put her in the crib or my dad will come down stairs and take her and put her in the bassinett and slept in that for a few hours or till she got hungry.

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 6:44 PM

This book saved my sanity in more ways than one. His strategies will certainly help your situation.

Tiff22Faith
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Make sure he is asleep before laying him in his crib. Try getting a little stereo or something and play classical music while he sleeps. 

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Do you nurse? Just curious because my first I did and I had the same problem. I'm sorry I don't have a solution because I had to go back to work (out of necessity) and gave in so I could get my much needed sleep in order to funtion myself. Hugs

Koreysmomma
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 2:01 PM
I was nursing until a week ago I wasn't producing enough milk

Quoting mamamiajk:

Do you nurse? Just curious because my first I did and I had the same problem. I'm sorry I don't have a solution because I had to go back to work (out of necessity) and gave in so I could get my much needed sleep in order to funtion myself. Hugs

Dee0886
by New Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

A newborn needs to be close to his parents. At about 3 or 4 months is when he can be moved to sleep by himself. My son was like that too. No way would he sleep in his crib at night, just for naps during the day for the most part, but then around the 3 or 4 month period he was fine. Might just be the same situation with your boy. He's too little to be spoiled. 

linz04060913
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Babies cannot be spoiled. But, that's coming from a cosleeper

FireMoonGypsy
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 2:28 PM

My first was super easy and at that time I didn't understand why parents were letting their kids sleep in swings or on them, etc. "Just stick them in there."

THEN I HAD MY DAUGHTER. She fell asleep on me all the time and would refuse to sleep anywhere else. I was scrutinized by my "I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT BABIES" mother for letting her sleep on me. I would keep trying here and there to get her to sleep elsewhere. Finally around 3 months she started swing sleeping. Then at 8 she was fully transitioned to her crib. 

Every kid is different and sometimes certain kids need a little extra skin to skin time. Trying to get my daughter to transition before she was ready was futile and she worked it all out. 

Hang in there :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN