Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I Got The Job!

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 3:16 PM
  • 13 Replies

I filled out an application at this new place opening in winona, about 15 miles from my house, and I went in to turn the application in. I pretty much got hired on the spot! They must be desperate for people. I will be working in the kitchen doing salads and cleaning, stuff like that.

I will be getting paid $7.35 an hour but in cash. She said she will give me a form at the end of the year to fill out and that it will be up to me to turn it in or not. I am assuming this form has something to do with taxes.

Here's the problem...my husband receives a disability check from social security and depending on what I make, they may or may not cut down his check. Father in law says they will need some kind of proof of what I make...which is a problem since I will be getting paid by cash and not by check. Any advice?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandyd322
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Congrrats on Job

you can have your boss make a paperstatement saying you work there, and what you get paid, unless she is trying to pay you under the table. and show that as proof.

Also, i have had alot of jobs, and have learned when a job is very quick and easy to get, there is a reason for it.  and since you got hired on the spot, maybe everything wasn't discussed or thought of, and then down the road, you get screwed. has happened to me many times.

Good luck and congrats

JenniferMiller0
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Well, she did say that she doesn't take taxes out which is why she pays cash instead. But she did say she will give me a form at the end of the year for tax purposes. She seemed like a nice enough lady. Her daughter was there as well and so was her granddaughter.

Quoting mandyd322:

Congrrats on Job

you can have your boss make a paperstatement saying you work there, and what you get paid, unless she is trying to pay you under the table. and show that as proof.

Also, i have had alot of jobs, and have learned when a job is very quick and easy to get, there is a reason for it.  and since you got hired on the spot, maybe everything wasn't discussed or thought of, and then down the road, you get screwed. has happened to me many times.

Good luck and congrats

CafeMom Tickers

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Congratulations on your new job.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Congratulations on the job.
Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 1:09 AM
Why does your dh's ss disability have anything to do with your income?? My dh is on disability and his pay has nothing to do with my income. It's based on what he was making when he was working. As for the paid under the table, I would be leary. If it's a legitimate business she wouldn't be paying you cash. She has to show her expenses. If she turns in that she paid you and you don't, you're in trouble. And if you turn in what you made and she doesn't, she's in trouble. Either way this doesn't sound like a good situation. Good luck...
JenniferMiller0
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:45 AM

I'm not sure why my having a job would affect his disability. That's what my father in law said. I'm sure she will turn in what she pays me at the end of the year when she files her income tax. She'll be giving me a form as well so I will turn mine it.

I spoke with the manager's daughter via facebook about needing some form of proof of what I make and she said that Linda, the manager, would take care of it.

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde: Why does your dh's ss disability have anything to do with your income?? My dh is on disability and his pay has nothing to do with my income. It's based on what he was making when he was working. As for the paid under the table, I would be leary. If it's a legitimate business she wouldn't be paying you cash. She has to show her expenses. If she turns in that she paid you and you don't, you're in trouble. And if you turn in what you made and she doesn't, she's in trouble. Either way this doesn't sound like a good situation. Good luck...

CafeMom Tickers

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations on your new job.

Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Well I hope everything works out for you! :) Congrats on the job!

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

I'm not sure why my having a job would affect his disability. That's what my father in law said. I'm sure she will turn in what she pays me at the end of the year when she files her income tax. She'll be giving me a form as well so I will turn mine it.

I spoke with the manager's daughter via facebook about needing some form of proof of what I make and she said that Linda, the manager, would take care of it.

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde: Why does your dh's ss disability have anything to do with your income?? My dh is on disability and his pay has nothing to do with my income. It's based on what he was making when he was working. As for the paid under the table, I would be leary. If it's a legitimate business she wouldn't be paying you cash. She has to show her expenses. If she turns in that she paid you and you don't, you're in trouble. And if you turn in what you made and she doesn't, she's in trouble. Either way this doesn't sound like a good situation. Good luck...

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Congrats!

nurse1997
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:25 PM

DO NOT DO THIS YOU WILL GET HIT WITH OWN YOUR BUSINESS TAX AND IT ADDS UP SO NOT WORTH IF YOU GET CAUGHT !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)