Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How Long Have You Been a Member of CafeMom?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:58 AM
  • 94 Replies

How long have you been a member of CafeMom?

What brought you to the site? What keeps you coming back (other than our super fun chats wink mini)?

Share your story!

If you're new to CafeMom and have questions, please feel free to ask them here!  

Tips:
*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!
*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page. 

by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I found CafeMom in July of 2010. I loved it so much when I was asked to be a mod, I immediately said yes.
I was a mod for about a year, when we launched our sister site, mamaslatinas.com. I went to work for them and then eventually transferred to CafeMom.

mama2b100808
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:08 AM

I have been on cafemom for 5 almost 6 years now. :) A friend told me about the site but she is no longer on anymore. And I wanted some advice from other moms since I was a first time mom and everything. The ladies that I have made friends with is what keeps me coming back. :) 

Kathy112761
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:09 AM

I found CafeMom back in September of 2007, I was in a another Mom group and it was starting to fizzle out, some of my Mom friends from there were talking about CafeMom and so I checked it out, loved it and as they say the rest is history.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Isn't it amazing how you first joined when you had a new baby and now that baby is in school! Imagine all the live changes including more children since then.

Quoting mama2b100808:

I have been on cafemom for 5 almost 6 years now. :) A friend told me about the site but she is no longer on anymore. And I wanted some advice from other moms since I was a first time mom and everything. The ladies that I have made friends with is what keeps me coming back. :) 

Thelmama
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:11 AM

A lot longer than my profile says. I lost access to an old email and had to remake a profile.  I think my youngest was like 2 when I first joined.  She will be 8 on July 8th......so 6 years or so. She may have been younger, I really don't remember, lol.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:11 AM

We are so glad to be part of your history. Have you had any more children since  joining?

Quoting Kathy112761:

I found CafeMom back in September of 2007, I was in a another Mom group and it was starting to fizzle out, some of my Mom friends from there were talking about CafeMom and so I checked it out, loved it and as they say the rest is history.

mcginnisc
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Forever....
I joined 7 years ago. I was on babycenter as we were adopting our dd and saw an ad for it. I have been here since. Now, I have an almost 9 year old and an almost 6 year old.
mama2b100808
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Oh it is so crazy. I have a new born and now I have an almost 6 years old and no other babies in the mix. But this site has helped me out when I have needed it the most. :) And it still helps me out. :)

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Isn't it amazing how you first joined when you had a new baby and now that baby is in school! Imagine all the live changes including more children since then.

Quoting mama2b100808:

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I had 3 kids in school when I first joined. Now my oldest is finishing his last year of college and his lived on his own for a couple of years, my middle one is in the Navy and out to sea and my youngest will be going into the 4th grade. Time flies!

We all have CafeMom kids! I love it.

Quoting Thelmama:

A lot longer than my profile says. I lost access to an old email and had to remake a profile.  I think my youngest was like 2 when I first joined.  She will be 8 on July 8th......so 6 years or so. She may have been younger, I really don't remember, lol.

toopicky429
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I joined in August 2007. An annoying pop up on MySpace brought me here, and I've been hooked ever since.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN