Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My 3 yr old DD has high cholesterol!

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 1:42 PM
  • 11 Replies
I just got off the phone with my pediatrician, my dd lab results came in and her fasting total cholesterol is 333. Let me say she is 37 in and 32 lbs, so not obese, she eats tons of fruits and veggies, and drinks 2% milk. My husband also has hereditary high cholesterol so we already stick to a low fat, low cholesterol diet. Does anyone else have a child with hereditary high cholesterol? Any advice would be helpful!
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina122952
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Nope my daughter is healthy..
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 12:09 PM

We do not. What recommendations has the pedi given you? Have you been referred to a dietician or nutrionist?

linz04060913
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends on the exact numbers. I've heard and done a little reading about babies and toddlers needing high cholesterol and fats for brain development. There are a lot of things we probably do different than you. Dh had high cholesterol and we successfully got it down and it stayed down when we went from using ground turkey to grassfed beef and real butter.

aneela
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:09 PM

oh wow that is  a bit nuts....i do not have any medical advice but I am sure your pedi will give you great guidance and info to help her....

lilmama8408
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:20 PM

thats a bit rude of a response. 

OP said her child is not overweight and eats healthy. Sometimes medical things happen and are hereditary and we cannot help it despite our best efforts...

OP keep your chin up. Ask your pedi for any help they can offer. 

Quoting christina122952: Nope my daughter is healthy..

in love toddler boy    baby girl expecting boy

christina122952
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Sorry my daughter was grabbing my tablet when I wrote my answer.

Quoting lilmama8408:

thats a bit rude of a response. 

OP said her child is not overweight and eats healthy. Sometimes medical things happen and are hereditary and we cannot help it despite our best efforts...

OP keep your chin up. Ask your pedi for any help they can offer. 

Quoting christina122952: Nope my daughter is healthy..

Leelee1008
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:27 AM

oh wow, no, no cholesterol issues here

anotherandree
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:38 AM
Yikes! I hope your pedi offered recommendations for a dietician bc I'm sure her cholesterol needs are going to be different from that if an adult!
svolkov
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:43 AM
My kids have never had a cholesterol check. I dont do low fat anything. Full fat and healthy fats are actually much healthier. Id say increase her healthy fats and maybe ditch things alltogether with the unhealthy fats. Also im goimg to guess at her age and weight/height its the hereditary issue. Dd is 2 and 36" 26#. But she is very slim. Your dd sounds about avg
Sisteract
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Is you or your hub's values high? There is a genetic component.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN