Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Should I call my cardiologist or just leave it be since it's most likely just a pulled muscle

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 2:58 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have over the past couple days been having on the left side of my chest and upper back sharp pains and like someone is pulling really hard and twisting them, it's not bad enough to make me cry or anything just very uncomfortable. I had a echo and stress test about a month and a half ago the stress test showed everything looked alright but my echo was concerning it showed the vessels in my heart are stressed and hard. My cardiologist put me on metoprolol ER 50 mg once a day. He said if I had any new symptoms to call him back immediately but I don't know if this would be concerned a concerning problem. In 6 months he is planning on doing another echo to make sure the medicine is working and if not either switching medicines or running more tests. What should I do ladies? 

by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 3:28 PM

I would at least call to explain what you are feeling and let him decided if he wants you to come in sooner to take a look.

If the pains takes a turn for the worst I would seek immediate attention. You really should not play with chest pain and stuff or at least make an appointment to go see him if you don't feel it is ER worthy even though the ER takes chest pain like that seriously because it could be bad.

When it comes to that type of pain and you feel it has nothing to do with what you ate or did it is better to be safe then sorry.

Hope you feel better soon.

cpayne94
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:15 PM
Never assume that it's just a pulled muscle! When my grandmother passed away at what I consider is a young age the autopsy showed that she had been having heart attacks for a long period of time. I would hate for your husband and children to find this out about you just because you don't want to "bother" the doctor.
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Definantely call your dr. Your heart isn't something to mess around with. And thank you, you reminded me I need to schedule an appointment with my cardiologist! I am due for an echo.
nurse1997
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:22 PM

CALL YOUR DOCTOR ASAP !

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:34 AM

I would definately give the doc a call. Heart problems in women have different symptoms. Many go undiagnosed and strokes and heart attacks in women are alarming. Better to be safe than sorry.  hugs

9-6-7months
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:18 PM
Thank you so much everyone I called my doctor and he said it didn't sound like cardiac related so he said call my regular doctor Monday and schedule an appointment. He did say if it starts going into my arm I need to go to the ER immediately. I appreciate your guys help.
nana776
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:23 PM

I would call the Dr, meds can have some really weird side effects. Also that sounds like it could be heart trouble. I would error on the safe side.

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 4:19 PM

I would call to be on the safe side. Better safe than sorry.

Madelaine
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 4:27 PM

I would call or go in

Madelaine
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Yep

Quoting aj_mom:

I would call to be on the safe side. Better safe than sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN