Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's just me

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 3:26 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hi I'm Shanen a 32 year old mother of 5 ages 15, 12, 9, 8, 6! I am married to my best friend! We have been together for 14 years and married for almost 9 of them! I am, most of the time a sahm, however I work 3 months out of the year at my local renaissance Faire as a wench!! I love my life! I love to read and crochet! I am a Christian and my relationship with GOD is priority in my life! That's all! Anything else just ask! I'm not easily offended and will answer almost anything! Nice to meet ya!
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 22, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Hi and welcome. I recently relocated from Texas to Kansas but when we lived in Texas we went to the Scarborough Ren Faire every single year. We loved it. I have heard that there is one here in Kansas in the fall. We are looking forward to going.

Do you enjoy working at the Ren Faire? How long have you been doing that?

Godnumber1
by on Jun. 22, 2014 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
My family and I had a ren faire buisness. It was called Defenders of the crown. We are christian an so the name was more than just our buisness name. The event we did was fenceing/sword play. Allowing anyone to participate. They would choose their sword, the foil, sabre, or épée. (I honestly dont know if I spelled that correct.) They would get a jacket, glove and helmet with two balloons on it. We would show them basic form and movements as well as how to pop the opponent's balloons. That was the goal and harder than it seemed. The swords were fenceing swords and thus had no pointed end. So one could not simply poke the opponent's ballons hoping they would pop. They would have to have a quick flick like motion to hit the balloon just right with the edgeds of the blade to pop it. They contestents got to pick their own knightly names, be heralded in as knights would in that time, and when they left the arena victorious or not they would recieve a deploma/certificate that they are a defender of the crown. However, the victor gets the spoils and they would recieve a necklace/beads for winning.
It was so much fun.

What ren faire do u work at?
WillowGrace
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 1:04 PM
I work at the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire!

Quoting Godnumber1: My family and I had a ren faire buisness. It was called Defenders of the crown. We are christian an so the name was more than just our buisness name. The event we did was fenceing/sword play. Allowing anyone to participate. They would choose their sword, the foil, sabre, or épée. (I honestly dont know if I spelled that correct.) They would get a jacket, glove and helmet with two balloons on it. We would show them basic form and movements as well as how to pop the opponent's balloons. That was the goal and harder than it seemed. The swords were fenceing swords and thus had no pointed end. So one could not simply poke the opponent's ballons hoping they would pop. They would have to have a quick flick like motion to hit the balloon just right with the edgeds of the blade to pop it. They contestents got to pick their own knightly names, be heralded in as knights would in that time, and when they left the arena victorious or not they would recieve a deploma/certificate that they are a defender of the crown. However, the victor gets the spoils and they would recieve a necklace/beads for winning.
It was so much fun.

What ren faire do u work at?
Babyaddiction
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Hi Shanen! What your kid's names? I am Jessica, mom to 2 Charlotte-a stillborn but would be turning 3 and Ryan-2 months. I am married to my husband Jake and am also a Christian!
WillowGrace
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 1:25 PM
I have Austin Jeffrey 15
Dean Arthur 12
Dakota ambrosia 9
Trinity rayne 8
Ryley joye 6
And my adopted some is Shayne Michael 25
His kids (my grands) are
Aiden Scott 7 (twin)
Logan Michael 7 (twin)
Sophie Rochelle 14 mos.

Quoting Babyaddiction: Hi Shanen! What your kid's names? I am Jessica, mom to 2 Charlotte-a stillborn but would be turning 3 and Ryan-2 months. I am married to my husband Jake and am also a Christian!
WillowGrace
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 1:27 PM
I have also had 3 miscarriages :( all very early the first at 5 4/7 weeks the second at 6 5/7 weeks, and the third at 9 3/7 weeks.

Quoting WillowGrace: I have Austin Jeffrey 15
Dean Arthur 12
Dakota ambrosia 9
Trinity rayne 8
Ryley joye 6
His kids (my grands) are
Aiden Scott 7 (twin)
Logan Michael 7 (twin)
Sophie Rochelle 14 mos.

Quoting Babyaddiction: Hi Shanen! What your kid's names? I am Jessica, mom to 2 Charlotte-a stillborn but would be turning 3 and Ryan-2 months. I am married to my husband Jake and am also a Christian!
Babyaddiction
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 1:27 PM
That sounds like a wonderful family! Was Shayne a teen parent (since he is 25 and has 7 year old twins)?

Dean Arthur 12
Dakota ambrosia 9
Trinity rayne 8
Ryley joye 6
His kids (my grands) are
Aiden Scott 7 (twin)
Logan Michael 7 (twin)
Sophie Rochelle 14 mos.

WillowGrace
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Yes they got pregnant on prom night! I was as well
My oldest was born when I was 15 years old!

Quoting Babyaddiction: That sounds like a wonderful family! Was Shayne a teen parent (since he is 25 and has 7 year old twins)?

Dean Arthur 12
Dakota ambrosia 9
Trinity rayne 8
Ryley joye 6
His kids (my grands) are
Aiden Scott 7 (twin)
Logan Michael 7 (twin)
Sophie Rochelle 14 mos.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN