Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Night Feeding

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2014 at 7:59 PM
  • 6 Replies
How many of you find it easier to bath your baby and then feed?? I tried switching the routine to feed and then bath but its killing me. My baby is almost 4 mos and gets up like 20 min after I put him down for the night. This started when I switched the routine. I did this because the pediatrician and others said feed, bath, play & bed. Doesn't seem to work for him. Is it really that bad to feed last? He is in a weird phase of getting so tired earlier and earlier every night... Ahhhh I am losing my mind!
by on Jun. 22, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
april_mommy
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 6:02 AM
I didnt listen to the experts, they werent putting my baby to bed every night. To this day ds takes 3 baths a day and he will be 5 in few weeks. Just do what routine works best for you.
clairewait
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:58 AM

I almost always tried to give mine time between eating and sleeping, even at night.

If he seems to be tired earlier, put him down earlier. You might find he sleeps longer. (We tried keeping our first up late thinking she'd sleep later in the morning. NOT TRUE. My next 2 babies went to bed at about 7pm for most of the first year and slept LONG and through the night very early.)

The trick is "sleep begets sleep." The more they sleep, the more they want to sleep. Sounds wrong, but it is true.

Long naps always meant better sleep at night for us. Going to bed earlier always meant better naps. I don't know how or why but I have ridiculously good sleepers and I'm telling you, this is our approach.

oliveoil423
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 11:01 AM

i fed my daughter first then bath then bed. cause they say if you bath them it will keep them up but it didnt work with my daughter. i gave her a bath last then put her to bed.

WILDCATGAL78
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:14 PM

When my daughter was that age, I typically bathed her first. I work full time during the school year so when I got home, the first thing I would do is start to get ready for the next day and that including a bath if it was a bath night. Usually when I picked her up she was in between feedings, meaning she has ate within the last 1-2 hours and wasn't hungry. But as everyone stated in the other post all babies are different. My LO didn't sleep through the night at 4 months so I was still getting up every 2-4 hours to change and feed her.

amybrg86
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 3:05 PM

i don't think it's bad. that's how we've always done it with our son. bathtime, bottle, bedtime. once bathtime rolls around, the tv gets turned down, blinds are shut, noise is kept to a minimum, everyone is calm in the house...then baby gets his bottle (he feeds himself) and then he goes to bed for the night. 

countrygirlkat
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 3:46 PM

A baby that young the last thing they should do before falling asleep is to eat.  It will help them make it longer during the night if that is the last thing they do.  I can't imagine putting a 4 month old to bed without them eating right before. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)