Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Bedtime issues!

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:24 PM
  • 8 Replies
My 4 month old recently became so hard to put down at night. I have to walk him around to go to sleep but it has become so hard! When I feed him after his bath he seems like he will fall asleep but then he becomes alert again. When I finally put him down in his bouncy seat, he wakes up about 30 minutes later and I have to start all over! Is he maybe too full when I feed him last compared to if I feed and then bathe? He is also waking up and hour and a half earlier in the night for his feeding :(. I am getting less sleep which equals more bad moods :( Advice?
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
WillowGrace
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:44 PM
He is probably going through a growth spurt! Growing can make you typically happy and contented baby, very hard to deal with! They want fed more which means less sleep for momma! Good luck!
Lyndsjo
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:37 PM
He is just so weird now at night!! For example, tonight he hardly ate and is now sleeping (which he fussed so bad before falling asleep) so I will have to get up early because he will want more. Its just frustrating because the routine he was on went down the tubes :(
christina122952
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:37 PM
I would say growth spurt, I think my daughter is going through one because she will take her bottle of formula, but she does want her Gerber baby food. Her doctor says she is healthy and that's good.
egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
It happens. Babies go through a lot of changes in the first two years. Sometimes it's a growth spurt, sometimes teething, sometimes they don't feel well, you get the idea. Eventually you'll get into a new routine or baby will go back to the old one
Shelly126
by Michele on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
It could be a number of things, growth spurt, teething, gas maybe even a developmental milestone like turning over, trying to pull up. Also I found around that age, they are just coming out of that newborn, eat, sleep poop cycle. Now they are becoming more alert, being up for longer stretches throughout the day. Make sure the naps are going well, that can effect the nighttime sleep and maybe it's time to up the ounce during a feed. I always made sure after bath time, when I was doing that feeding before putting them down to sleep, I would do it in the nursery, in the glider with the lights low and the sound machine on. I would gently glide while they ate and that usually did the trick.
Lyndsjo
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:16 PM
I cant get him to nap more than 30 min!
Shelly126
by Michele on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Quoting Lyndsjo: I cant get him to nap more than 30 min!
have you ever tried a swing? One of my sons LOVED his swing, he would often fall asleep in it and I could just transfer him to his crib.
I have twin boys so I am a bit obsessive about routine and schedules, especially when they were that young, they napped twice a day for about an hour and a half each time and went to bed @ about 7:30.
melindabelcher
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Exactly.
I gave up on "routines" early on and just went with the flow.
I hope things settle down for you.

Quoting egyptian_mommy: It happens. Babies go through a lot of changes in the first two years. Sometimes it's a growth spurt, sometimes teething, sometimes they don't feel well, you get the idea. Eventually you'll get into a new routine or baby will go back to the old one
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)