Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Grounding

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:09 PM
  • 14 Replies
If your child was ground would that count grounded away from staying the night at families house ? My daughter is grounded for deleting me from facebook so she could post pictures of her and a boy and also hiding a phone from me that she had gotten from my niece so she could facebook and snapchat friends. I have not given her a phone i do not feel she is ready for one.
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom101010
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:16 PM

My son is grounded right now and he isn't allowed to go to any family members houses to spend the night. He has been wanting to go to grandpas for a few days but i feel it isn't a right plus my dad is so easy going he wouldn't follow the grounding he got. I also feel that going to grandpa's is fun and he is grounded so fun shouldn't be apart of that. Hope that helps.

TheCupcakeMom
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:56 PM

I wouldn't let her because it would defeat the purpose bc the minute she goes somewhere else she is just gonna facebook! AHHHH the joys of parenting in todays technology!

WillowGrace
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Yep at my house it does! When you are grounded, you are grounded from everything and everyone! And I would like to commend you for not jumping on the my kid needs a cell phone band wagon! My oldest got his first phone for Christmas, he is 15. The reason I allowed it is cause he works and can pay for his minutes! I paid for the phone and his first month of unlimited minutes, and the rest was up to him! Well he hasn't put minutes on it since. I guess it wasn't that important to him. Noe he does have an iPod and his gf my husband and I all have iPhones so he can iMessage all of us as long as he has internet. But thank you, for not being a mom with a child who has a cell phone at 8 lol!
TB78
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Our son gets grounded for swearing, hitting others, & backtalking. His punishment is to take away his ipod and that he is not allowed to play any games on his leapster gs or the wii.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 2:10 PM

yes of course family should be off limits unless going to a family outing is a drag for your kid ... in my case being forced to go at a family reunion would be the ultimate punishment LOL but then again that's me.  But in DD's case, going to grand-ma & grand-pa means being spoiled rotten so nah-huh. it would be off limits.

timon95
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:04 PM

if my parents knew my child was grounded then they would side with me and reschedule the sleepover. grounded is grounded, no fun allowed

Tiff22Faith
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Anything considered fun or that the child cares for is taken away for a certain period of time.

Tawneekitn
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:36 PM

When my son is grounded, it also includes not staying the night at relatives houses.  I take away my son's tablet and video games and his most recent favorite item - his Rubik's Cube(which he can solve in about 3 or 4 minutes!).  IMO if he is grounded, and it is something that he wants to do - then it is off limits.  Sounds kind of mean, but I very seldom ground him, so if my son is grounded - it is because he did something really wrong - so he doesn't get to have fun - including staying  with relatives.

mrswillie
by on Jun. 28, 2014 at 6:56 AM
Grounded means grounded. Period.
PeachQuean
by Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 8:26 AM
How it goes here is that if they are grounded they remain grounded they can go to family but they are still grounded, no.tv or outside or games etc.

And family sticks to the rules of what I tell them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)