Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

11 Moms Share Their Child's First Curse Word ....What Was Yours?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 12:33 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

11 Moms Share Their Child's First Curse Word .... Awwww

by Suzee Skwiot

baby curseHearing a baby coo his or her first word can make any parent a little emotional. But hearing them drop their first F-bomb or utter a curse word will make you downright lose it. Or applaud it. Either way, you'll be shocked the first time you hear your precious angel curse like a drunken' sailor. And unless you're a precious angel yourself, chances are that day will come a lot sooner than you think. (Hint: Guess where your kids are learning it?)

We asked moms to share their child's first swear word ...

1. When she was around three years old, my daughter made up the 'Dammit Song.' Every word was dammit."
  2. "We pulled my son's first tooth and he said, 'Oh shit, I am bleeding!' I was very nice, but said that he could not say that word."
  3. "My daughter said, 'What the hell?' when she was around four. We'd just bought a new area rug and it wouldn't lay flat."
  4. "My son was four and the dog had an accident on the floor. I was pissed and looking for my husband to help with clean-up. As soon as he walked into the room, my son says in a pissed-off voice, 'Dad, where  were you?! There is shit on the floor!' We couldn't help but laugh because it was just so funny that he was so serious."
  5. "My mom was stepping over a wooden baby gate and didn't quite raise her foot enough and tripped. My son goes running over, 'Oh, son of a bitch, Grandma! Are you okay?'" He was three and that was the one and only time he swore."
  6. "My hubby is a former Marine. Anyone that knows Marines know they have potty mouths. My daughter had been around his coworkers a few times and then I heard her calling her teddy bear a 'fucking bitch' in a whisper voice when she was about two."
  7. "My son was about two or so and we were walking through a parking lot. A car started backing out and almost hit us. My son shook his fist and yelled 'FUCKER, we are walking here!'"
  8. "We were driving and a guy cut us off and we had to slam on the brakes. My husband yells, 'Look at this, dick face!' In the backseat, my 3-year-old daughter was sitting with little pigtails and a pink dress holding a doll and we hear her squeaky little voice all innocent say, 'Who's a dick face, daddy?'"
  9. "My 3-year-old daughter called her dad a jackass when he put one of her shoes on the wrong foot."
  10. "My 4-year-old was at preshcool and they looked out the window and my son said, 'There goes the F#^king firetruck!' His teacher was an older German woman. She called me immediately. Laughing."
  11. "Our pastor gave my then five-year-old son a Tic Tac candy. He dropped it on the floor and said, 'Oh, shit.' I was mortified. Of all places he had to parrot my bad language, it had to be in church."

What was your child's first curse word?

by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina122952
by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
She hasn't said one yet
sonshining
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 2:44 PM

My son hasn't said one yet either. Of course - that we've heard, and we better not. I didn't read all of the above, but I don't think it's "cute or funny" when kids swear.

Becca1189
by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 7:21 PM
My son has said fuck and shit...and my daughter the same. Her father and I have tried to really stop cussing...but sometimes it slips out lol. We get yelled at whenever we cuss!! :)
TB78
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 9:59 AM

When our ds was about three he would say truck but it sounded like he said F*k lol He has said too many to remember :-(

lazyd
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Was at the community pool a couple of days ago and there was this about 2yo boy who started going around sayin "what the F**k".  Mom finally asked him where he heard that and he says "nana" (which was grandma, who wasnt at the pool).  Mom just told the kid that you dont say those bad words.  I dont know what "talking toos" grandma got when the lady went home!  

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jun. 27, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Shit!I so remember that day!

timon95
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 10:46 PM

dh used to call cars b!tche$. well, back when ds was 2 he was playing with his cars and called them his b!ithe$.

then ds picked up on dh acting like Jack Bauer(sp) and saying Damn It.

Both were stopped fast and he never repeated or said them again. If you say something is bad that sticks with ds and he won't say it

PamZ66
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 10:59 PM

My daughter's first curse word was "shit". Unfortunately it was also her third word.  I realized I better watch what I say.  She never liked when people swore and would scold me hen I did.  When she was 10 she asked me if she would swear once and not get into trouble so I said yes.  She told me someone was "'assholing " around.  I burst out laughing.  So what do you do ,tell your kid not to swear or correct them on their grammar?

Tiff22Faith
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Shit. He isn't even 2 yet. 

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:04 PM
My son said "Damn it". I didn't do anything because he usually said "Darn it" I figured if he didn't repeat it and I didn't make a big deal of it he wouldn't repeat it. He hasn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)