Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Let the countdown begin!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:10 PM
  • 38 Replies
2 moms liked this

OMG, my sister was here earlier hanging out with me and this crazy woman showed me the countdown on her phone.....it wasn't a countdown to our lake weekend, a countdown to the first day back to school or even a countdown to football season (we're from Texas y'all) it was a countdown to CHRISTMAS!! 

She started it yesterday since it is officially 6 months to Christmas. Woman it is 100* outside and not even the 4th of July yet, I'm not ready to think about Christmas yet!

Are you a Christmas countdown'er?

What do you countdown for?

by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheCupcakeMom
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not a "countdowner" per say, but I am not gonna lie... I do start buying things now and putting them away. I would prefer not spend $20 here and there opposed to doing it all at once.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:32 PM

I totally get buying in stages over time rather than all at once. I think that is smart and I honestly do that too. But the whole, 180 days until Christmas, 179 days until Christmas, 178 days until Christmas etc...is  a bit much...lol

Quoting TheCupcakeMom:

I'm not a "countdowner" per say, but I am not gonna lie... I do start buying things now and putting them away. I would prefer not spend $20 here and there opposed to doing it all at once.

Momof2Stepof3
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't even think about Christmas. I'm at the end of moving to Texas.

In another group I belong to this lady posted a reminder and harping on people to start saving and shopping now.

First off I have two, teens there is no way I could start shopping for them. Teens change their likes like the change their underware.

Secondly when I get to Texas I have to start back to school shopping. I can't even buy clothing for my son until like the week of school starting or he'll out grow it.

Quoting Reina13:

OMG, my sister was here earlier hanging out with me and this crazy woman showed me the countdown on her phone.....it wasn't a countdown to our lake weekend, a countdown to the first day back to school or even a countdown to football season (we're from Texas y'all) it was a countdown to CHRISTMAS!! 

She started it yesterday since it is officially 6 months to Christmas. Woman it is 100* outside and not even the 4th of July yet, I'm not ready to think about Christmas yet!

Momof2Stepof3
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:33 PM

How old are your kids and how do you know that what they like today is what they'll like in November?

Quoting TheCupcakeMom:

TheCupcakeMom
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Yeah that is a little nuts! I mean I'll be knowledgable of the "6 months til Christmas" "5 months" etc but not like days. That is just tooooo much! 

Even for my kid's birthdays it's like "oh it is a month away"... we don't do countdowns until that week bc it would drive me NUTS

Quoting Reina13:

I totally get buying in stages over time rather than all at once. I think that is smart and I honestly do that too. But the whole, 180 days until Christmas, 179 days until Christmas, 178 days until Christmas etc...is  a bit much...lol

Quoting TheCupcakeMom:

TheCupcakeMom
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:37 PM

I have a 6 (almost 7) year old daughter and soon to be newborn. I still buy stuff last minute obviously because there is always something last minute she wants.... but there are alot of things I know she will still like....

clothes for example, shoes... .I will catch them on sale and she doesn't change what she like in clothing yet

She likes craft stuff so I get alot of the DIY jewelry making kits and those types of things.

Obviously it won't be that easy when she is older but right now she still likes things 6 months later, I just stay away from the different cartoons she is into or things like that.

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

How old are your kids and how do you know that what they like today is what they'll like in November?

Quoting TheCupcakeMom:

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:39 PM

I have to admit that I am a holiday fanatic. I love the holidays but I don't do a countdown until the day after Thanksgiving and that is more because Harold, our elf on the shelf arrives from the North Pole. Haha

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:39 PM

I am from Texas and recently moved to Kansas. Where are you moving to in Texas?

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

In another group I belong to this lady posted a reminder and harping on people to start saving and shopping now.

First off I have two, teens there is no way I could start shopping for them. Teens change their likes like the change their underware.

Secondly when I get to Texas I have to start back to school shopping. I can't even buy clothing for my son until like the week of school starting or he'll out grow it.

Quoting Reina13:

Momof2Stepof3
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:42 PM

South of Houston. I'll be on the road Monday afternoon. :)

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I am from Texas and recently moved to Kansas. Where are you moving to in Texas?

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

Quoting Reina13:

Momof2Stepof3
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:43 PM

That is so cool I wish my big kids were into that. I'll have to get one 10 years from now when I become grandma. lol

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I have to admit that I am a holiday fanatic. I love the holidays but I don't do a countdown until the day after Thanksgiving and that is more because Harold, our elf on the shelf arrives from the North Pole. Haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)