Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

they didnt let me say goodbye.

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 8:40 AM
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this
My dh just went in for surgery and they didnt let me say bye, give him a kiss or anything. they asked me to step out so they could give him his shots...but then they never called me back in. Its not a huge surgery and hell do great. but hes getting an anesthesia....Im kind of mad they didnt let me see him before he went in.
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmptyNestMama
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 8:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh yeah I would have been mad too! I always get to walk my hubby down the hall and to the surgery doors. 

TB78
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 10:03 AM

That sucks :-( I would have been furious also regardless of the surgery because they should always let the family members say see you soon and kiss before he goes to lala land.

melindabelcher
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
That sucks.
I would complain!
And why would you have to step out for his shots?
sunshinelolipop
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:29 AM
he had to get a block...? idk they asked me to step out for it.

Quoting melindabelcher: That sucks.
I would complain!
And why would you have to step out for his shots?
OliviaW.
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Last time I was in the hospital for surgery (an over night thing) they kept changing my surgery. They first said in the afternoon which I told my husband and then I went in at 7 am. My dh didn't even know until he got to the hospital because I couldn't reach him when I called him.

sunshinelolipop
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:42 AM
yah. ridiculous. we were supposed to be here at 6am. surgeon didnt get here til 7:30 and we didnt get called back til 8. Hes out now...Ive just waiting to go back to see him for an hour.

Quoting OliviaW.:

Last time I was in the hospital for surgery (an over night thing) they kept changing my surgery. They first said in the afternoon which I told my husband and then I went in at 7 am. My dh didn't even know until he got to the hospital because I couldn't reach him when I called him.

Elle.tea.22
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Ok?
sunshinelolipop
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:44 AM
ok.

Quoting Elle.tea.22: Ok?
DixonBabies
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:54 AM

that sucks

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jun. 27, 2014 at 9:19 PM

So sorry.My DH just had back surgery 3 weeks ago and they wanted me there with him since he doesnt like needles.They let me stay there till he went under.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)