Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What Are Your Kids Nicknames?

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:46 AM
  • 192 Replies

Yesterday afternoon,my family in Texas had a big BBQ at my parents house. Since we relocated to Kansas my parents decided to factime us while the whole family was there.During the course of the converstation, I had to laugh because if you were a stranger listening in on this conversation, you would think we were a weird family who gave our children really awful names...Names like "Blue", "Chili", "Bear", "Mijo", "Monk" etc..

My parents gave all 9 of their grandsons special nicknames when they were born and those name are the only names the boys will answer to when they are with their grandparents...haha

Do you or your kids have nicknames?

What are those nicknames and how did they get them?

by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

We call my youngest son "Little Monkey". When we found out we were having a boy, we hadn't decided on a name yet so we called him Little Monkey for the rest of my pregnancy because of all the 'flips' and moving he was doing in my belly. It just kind of stuck even after we came up with a name for him...haha

mom2jessnky
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:05 AM

My Oldest DD is Wombat. My dad gave her the nickname, no idea why.

My youngest DD is Beans. No one knows who gave her the nickname she's just always been Beans. I really thought that once she hit kindergarten she'd stop allowing people to call her that, but nope, she's gone to all of her teachers and told them she prefers to be called Beans. LOL.

suziejax
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:11 AM

My kids do have nick names that came from their orginal name and those I will never tell online :) cause then you'd know their names lol big smile mini

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Everyone calls her Beans? I love that.

I was so afraid 'D' was going to think Little Monkey or Monkey was his name since everyone calls him that.  :) Instead when he introduces himself, he says "Hi, I'm D but you can call me Monkey"....haha

Quoting mom2jessnky:

My youngest DD is Beans. No one knows who gave her the nickname she's just always been Beans. I really thought that once she hit kindergarten she'd stop allowing people to call her that, but nope, she's gone to all of her teachers and told them she prefers to be called Beans. LOL.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:13 AM

I completely understand. Are their nicknames shorter versions of their real names? My two older boys go by variations of their real names too.

Quoting suziejax:

My kids do have nick names that came from their orginal name and those I will never tell online :) cause then you'd know their names lol big smile mini

othermom
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:14 AM

They do from us. My son is chicken, my middle is Melvin. My youngest has a few including crazy cat lady and Anna Banana

mom2jessnky
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Yep, everyone calls her that. It's so funny. It actually came in handy when she was in 1st grade because there was another girl in her grade (different class though) that had the same first name (ERGH I pick uncommon names to avoid this!!) so it worked well that my kid went by Beans to avoid confusion.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Everyone calls her Beans? I love that.

I was so afraid 'D' was going to think Little Monkey or Monkey was his name since everyone calls him that.  :) Instead when he introduces himself, he says "Hi, I'm D but you can call me Monkey"....haha

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Lilfranks
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:18 AM
SS is called monkey because he loves bananas and climbed on everything and DS is called monster because he is Zanderzila and knock over what brother builds or tank because he seem to weigh as much as one
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:18 AM

You have to tell us where Chicken came from!! That sounds like it might be a fun story.  :)

Quoting othermom:

They do from us. My son is chicken, my middle is Melvin. My youngest has a few including crazy cat lady and Anna Banana

DixonBabies
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:19 AM
My daughter is called Cy, Cindy, etc. No non name nick name as her name is Cynthia. My son on the other hand is the 3rd so I call him Bubba, Bubbie, Lil Man, etc. My mom also called him Little Man. My dad calls him PawPaw's boy lol. He calls my daughter PawPaw's girl also.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN