Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What state do you live in? Do you like it there?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 5:50 AM
  • 123 Replies

I'm in NJ...same area I was born in.

I'd love to move South someday....NC, VA... or at least to a different area. I just don't like NJ anymore.

by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 5:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TurboMom81
Nothing like getting your hopes dashed and your dreams trampled all over. I'm sure some miserable person is quite pleased to hear about that.
Today at 2:55 AM
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 5:56 AM

I live in PA. I spent my entire life in this area.  I absolutely hate it here.  The winters here lately have been long and hard.  I hate snow and ice.  I always have to work when the weather is at it's worst. Our plan is the move to North Carolina next year.

dixiegurl223626
by New Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 6:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I live in Sc. It is pretty here and I'm close to myrtle beach. It's wonderful to take a nice day trip to the beach. It's warm here, even in the winter. Our winter weather is crazy. One day can be 79 degrees and shorts and next be 18 degrees and snow. Summers are very hot and humid. Not much of a breeze unless a storm is approaching. I was born and raised in Va. and I like it better.
CafeMom Tickers
CEOmom84
by New Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 6:03 AM
I live in PA. I want to go back to Jersey lol. But eventually end up in NY where I was born.
TheJerseyGirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 6:05 AM

Quoting TurboMom81:

I live in PA. I spent my entire life in this area.  I absolutely hate it here.  The winters here lately have been long and hard.  I hate snow and ice.  I always have to work when the weather is at it's worst. Our plan is the move to North Carolina next year.

Winter was tough!

I know...NC is my dream state. We really , really want to move but our kids are 20 (on Friday), 17, and 13 and are so involved with their friends and cousins and significant others. We're starting to feel stuck!!!crying

What area of NC are you looking into? We like Gardner bc it's close to Raleigh and family friendly, but we also like New Bern bc it's beautiful and on the water. There are so many nice little towns there and so much more affordable than parts of Nj and PA!

TheJerseyGirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 6:05 AM

Quoting CEOmom84: I live in PA. I want to go back to Jersey lol. But eventually end up in NY where I was born.

Nooooooooo, why would you want to come back here???LOL!

CEOmom84
by New Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 6:28 AM
It's better than this little town. And that's where I started my business.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting CEOmom84: I live in PA. I want to go back to Jersey lol. But eventually end up in NY where I was born.

Nooooooooo, why would you want to come back here???LOL!

waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 6:59 AM
Born and raised in north Idaho, still live here. Its ok but I wouldn't mind moving. Hubby says no though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:17 AM
We live it MA. I've lived here since I was 2.
We are planning a move to NC in about a year. We are looking at a circle area of durham, raleigh, and wakeforest.
BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:36 AM

I'm from Minnesota and I want to move either west to Oregon, Idaho, Washington, Montana somewhere's over there but inland not near the ocean.  Or south....probably to Texas  or Arkansas since we really liked it there.  I really hate these long cold winters and lack of scenery.  I grew up just north of the border and have never liked the area.

Jennyanne322
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:44 AM
I am in Brooklyn, NY. Lived here my whole life. Plan on moving to westchester for a better school system.
What area of jersey are you in? I am in Middletown and cape may pretty often. My dad and my aunt/uncle live there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)