Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

co sleeping?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 3:31 AM
  • 54 Replies
I have seen so much on my bf blogs about co sleeping being life saving now after years of hearing the opposite, what are your thoughts?

Curious mom
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 3:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Krizzle01
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 3:38 AM
We co-sleep. I have DD in a bassinet next to our bed. She will pretty much stay there until she outgrows it and move to her crib next door. So far it's working for us since I can easily grab her when she cries lol
Cowgirl_Coyote
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 3:38 AM
I personally would never do it. I let my 3 year old sleep with me for a few weeks right after he came to live with us but he just came out of an abusive situation. He was insecure and needed some extra attention.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cowgirl_Coyote
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 3:40 AM
That's exactly what i do and that isn't cosleeping. Cosleeping is when they're in the bed with you.

Quoting Krizzle01: We co-sleep. I have DD in a bassinet next to our bed. She will pretty much stay there until she outgrows it and move to her crib next door. So far it's working for us since I can easily grab her when she cries lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amichelle28
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 3:42 AM
No I mean baby sleeping in the bed with you. I Slept with my daughter in a bassinet by my bed and plan on doing the same with my daughter in pregnant with now. But apparently sleeping in the beef with your baby reduces SIDS now? That's what I've been hearing.

Quoting Krizzle01: We co-sleep. I have DD in a bassinet next to our bed. She will pretty much stay there until she outgrows it and move to her crib next door. So far it's working for us since I can easily grab her when she cries lol
Krizzle01
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 3:42 AM
I thought that was bed sharing lol

Quoting Cowgirl_Coyote: That's exactly what i do and that isn't cosleeping. Cosleeping is when they're in the bed with you.

Krizzle01
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 3:43 AM
Oh wow lol I thought sleeping in the same bed increases the risk of SIDS. That's crazy

Quoting amichelle28: No I mean baby sleeping in the bed with you. I Slept with my daughter in a bassinet by my bed and plan on doing the same with my daughter in pregnant with now. But apparently sleeping in the beef with your baby reduces SIDS now? That's what I've been hearing.

ATG499
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 3:44 AM

I bed-shared with DS and will sidecar the crib with this baby. The only reason I won't bed-share this time is because I now have an SO who is a heavy sleeper and it's worrisome for both of us.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

(If you're on my Facebook, please don't say anything yet!!) 

amichelle28
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 3:49 AM
But you never worried about rolling over on baby the first time? Did baby do ok in bed? My ex husband was a deep sleeper also and he was big so I was always terrified.

Quoting ATG499:

I bed-shared with DS and will sidecar the crib with this baby. The only reason I won't bed-share this time is because I now have an SO who is a heavy sleeper and it's worrisome for both of us.

CrossStitchMum
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 3:51 AM
I've coslept for all my 4, never even bought a crib. We love it, I get more sleep, the kids feel safe. dD4 and DD22 months still cosleep with me
booaura
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 3:51 AM
I've always bedshared. My youngest is five months and sleeping next to me as I type. My two year old bedshared with us until just before my youngest was born, but still ends up in our bed most nights.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)