Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
I have seen so much on my bf blogs about co sleeping being life saving now after years of hearing the opposite, what are your thoughts?

Curious mom
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 3:31 AM
Replies (51-54):
WILDCATGAL78
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 4:12 PM

We bed share. I started when my daughter was 8-9 weeks old. By that time I was doing both nursing and supplementing. By four months she was strictly on formula and we still bed share to this day and she will be 17 months so I don't agree that it's only good for breastfeeding moms. I am also overweight. Probably even medically classified as obese. I am not 300-400 lbs but I am a good 30 lbs overweight. Until my daughter was five months it was just us two in the bed as my husband was deployed. When he came home I started sleeping in the middle.

Ultimately, I think you should what's best and what works for you and your family.

TheJerseyGirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:54 AM

We did it!

chari83
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:53 AM
My boys r 2 and almost 5 . Our oldest is autistic. Both my kids r co sleep with us .. they have their own beds. They go to sleep in there own beds with us next them . Like my hubby will sleep on the floor of my oldests room till he fals asleep and I sleep in my 2 yrs old bed til he falls asleep then my 5 yr old will come to our bed on his own like around 3 am or so.. my 2 yr old wakes up around midnight after being put to bed at 9 . And wanting diaper change and bottle and I just put him our bed and stays there till morning .. we have a queen size bed . We been doing that way since the boys were born. They feel safe and I know they are safe in our bed ..
amy_dawn
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:06 PM
We've bed-shared with all four of our kids. Our oldest three only want to sleep with us when they are sick, scared, or sometimes when my husband is gone for military duty or travel for his civilian job. My youngest is 19 months old. She's usually more comfortable sleeping by herself in her crib at the foot of our bed. But, in fact, right now she's upstairs sleeping with my husband in our bed. She's sick and definitely more comfortable sleeping with us right now. We've never had any issues with rolling on top of our babies. Both my husband and I automatically adjusted the way we sleep whenever we have a baby in bed with us. And bed-sharing really made it convenient to breast-feed. I slept a lot better and a lot more!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)