Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 6:48 PM
  • 9 Replies

Looking online...but seems as if every website says something different. Is 100.5 a temperature for a 15 month old?

by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Tiff22Faith
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:08 PM

That is a fever. Some doctor's offices will say it is a low fever. You should give your child some tylenol or ibuprophen and giving the child luke warm tea is good as well. Make sure to keep your child hydrated.

melindabelcher
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:25 PM
How is the child acting.
Giving fever reducers actually lowers your childs fever fighting ability and extends the length of the illness.
I don't treat a number I treat a child, I don't even own a working thermometer. If the child is to uncomfortable to sleep, in pain that can't be helped otherwise then I give a dose of medicine.
Otherwise letting the fever run its course is really the best thing.
Keep baby hydrated and watch for overall demeanor.
Hope LO is feeling better soon :)
desiree_jeanine
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 8:04 PM

It's actually up to 103.3. My husband called her pediatrician, but we were told not to take her to the E.R. Which I can't understand why. We gave her tylenol and she's asleep...She's never had a fever this high

Quoting melindabelcher: How is the child acting. Giving fever reducers actually lowers your childs fever fighting ability and extends the length of the illness. I don't treat a number I treat a child, I don't even own a working thermometer. If the child is to uncomfortable to sleep, in pain that can't be helped otherwise then I give a dose of medicine. Otherwise letting the fever run its course is really the best thing. Keep baby hydrated and watch for overall demeanor. Hope LO is feeling better soon :)

melindabelcher
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 8:14 PM
Because its not an emergency.
My son had a fever of 105. We brought him to the ER, per the pedi. We were there for a couple hrs they gave him ibprofen and fluids, took some labs. It was viral, like most things. We went home.
The height of the fever doesn't mean anything. A very very sick child could be 101 and a simple virus can be 104.
All the other symptoms are a lot more improtant in telling you the overall story.

Google search fever phobia.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 12:13 AM

How is she doing now?

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 1:54 AM

It is gut wrenching when your child is sick.  My 18 month old was 104 when I brought her in to my doctor.  She was only 100 earlier in the morning when I made the appt.  Turned out she had an ear infection and they gave her a dose of Tylenol at the office and then her temp started to go down.  I would definitely keep an eye on her tonight and take her temp if she still feels extremely warm. 

waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:19 AM
I do not treat a fever with medication until it is 103 or higher. Fever is a natural way for the body to fight off an infection. Giving medications just hinders the body from doing its natural healing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
desiree_jeanine
by New Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 10:48 AM

An update....Her fever has dropped! But she's still not feeling well....she's just not her usual bubbly self. I'm just thankful her temperature isn't as high. Thanks for all the advice!

Barabell
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Glad she's doing better. Hopefully she fully recovers soon!

Quoting desiree_jeanine:

An update....Her fever has dropped! But she's still not feeling well....she's just not her usual bubbly self. I'm just thankful her temperature isn't as high. Thanks for all the advice!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)