Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Get Along with the Inlaws

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 2:56 PM
  • 50 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you enjoy hanging with your inlaws?  I don't mind hanging out with 80% of them, but I have one bil that has no personality and he is a show off and I dread when we have to hang out with them.  My inlaws are ok most of the time but my mil loves to second guess my parenting, and judgment. For instance, she thinks I need to cut the kids food smaller even though my daughter is 4 and can chew a piece of broccoli without it cut up in six pieces.  Argh.  Tomorrow, its going to be an all inlaw extravaganza, my niece's birthday party.  Hopefully, I can avoid any negativity tomorrow.

by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpiritedWitch
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Loved his parents, especially his mom (gave up my home to move in and take care of her). His older sister was the big sister I never had and always wanted. We lost both of them in 2013, four months apart. 

His little sister and her partner are great. Of course, we tell her partner that she is a SAINT for putting up with little sister and her mood swings (bipolar, refuses to take meds for it). 

His older brother ... can't stand him. He is a lying, cheating sex offender. 

His younger brother ... he has addiction issues and cheating issues. He can be a good person but he has to get his shit together first. 

luvnature
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 3:35 PM

I only talk to one niece and my ex-sister-in-law. I can't stand the others. Too pushy, too bossy, too snob, too judgemental. I'm glad we live at least 3 days away from them.. 

luvmybug
by Amanda on Jul. 4, 2014 at 4:16 PM
I love my in laws to death! I couldn't imagine life without them!
Barabell
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't seen my FIL in about 9 years (my hubby's decision), and I've never met my MIL (deceased). So I don't hang out with them at all.

StreetsAhead
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 4:21 PM
I love mine, we are in a different country to my family and so I like that I'm so close to them.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 4:58 PM

We got along well,
Hope all goes well for you .. let us know ;)

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry for your losses, sounds like you were really close to your mother in law and sister in law.  I'm glad you were able to take care of her, I am sure you and DH being there for her meant so much.  I'm sorry about your BIL too, I couldn't imagine dealing with his antics.  He doesn't bother you, I hope.

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Loved his parents, especially his mom (gave up my home to move in and take care of her). His older sister was the big sister I never had and always wanted. We lost both of them in 2013, four months apart. 

His little sister and her partner are great. Of course, we tell her partner that she is a SAINT for putting up with little sister and her mood swings (bipolar, refuses to take meds for it). 

His older brother ... can't stand him. He is a lying, cheating sex offender. 

His younger brother ... he has addiction issues and cheating issues. He can be a good person but he has to get his shit together first. 

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Yay for distance!  Does DH every want to go travel and visit them?

Quoting luvnature:

I only talk to one niece and my ex-sister-in-law. I can't stand the others. Too pushy, too bossy, too snob, too judgemental. I'm glad we live at least 3 days away from them.. 

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:56 PM

That's great, I wish I could same the same.  Mine aren't too bad but there are just days that we are on different planets.

Quoting luvmybug: I love my in laws to death! I couldn't imagine life without them!

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:58 PM

That's great that you have your in-laws.  What country do your parents live in?  Do you travel to see them?

Quoting StreetsAhead: I love mine, we are in a different country to my family and so I like that I'm so close to them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)