Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

SO and I...

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 12:29 PM
  • 17 Replies

Normally, my SO and I get along pretty good. We've been together 4+ years and have gotten over all our major hurdles. It seems to be the small ones that are the worst. I love him but am pretty frustrated about what happened very early this morning. 

Our 16 month old woke up I'm guessing around 3 or 4 this morning screaming in pain. I instantly got up and gave him tylenol and something for his teeth thinking his gums really hurt from teething. My SO comes into the living room and starts telling me to fix him. I tell him I'm doing what I can. I change his diaper and have milk ready. LO still doesn't feel better. SO continues to TELL me what I need to do. I guess I'm so irritated because I normally am the one taking care of our son especially when he doesn't feel well. SO just made me feel like a bad mom when I was doing every thing I could. Eventually, I told him to just go to sleep because I know what I am doing. After about an hour of non-stop screaming, our son went to sleep. I kept him in our bed the rest of the night, and he woke up  fine this morning. I'm just frustrated because this seems to always happen when our son doesn't feel good, and I know I need to stay calm because I have to focus on him not my SO. Does any one else feel this way? What do/would you do?

by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 12:57 PM
4 moms liked this
I would have handed babe over to him and gone to bed. If he thinks he can " fix" him, hell! Let him!

Someone can only damage your self esteem if you let them. Next time , hand the babe over to this " expert"

Tiff22Faith
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I will. I get tired of him doing this to me.

Quoting Momofmenagerie: I would have handed babe over to him and gone to bed. If he thinks he can " fix" him, hell! Let him! Someone can only damage your self esteem if you let them. Next time , hand the babe over to this " expert"

t1gger143
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Dh was like that with our older Ds. Still is sometimes. I just ignore him or tell him to go away I got it.
bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 2:53 PM
This exactly

Quoting t1gger143: Dh was like that with our older Ds. Still is sometimes. I just ignore him or tell him to go away I got it.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Definitely this ..
Hugs to you :)

Quoting Momofmenagerie: I would have handed babe over to him and gone to bed. If he thinks he can " fix" him, hell! Let him! Someone can only damage your self esteem if you let them. Next time , hand the babe over to this " expert"

Tiff22Faith
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Thanks to you both. I normally do tell him to leave me alone and that I know what I am doing. He just doesn't always listen.

Quoting bbyblueAK: This exactly
Quoting t1gger143: Dh was like that with our older Ds. Still is sometimes. I just ignore him or tell him to go away I got it.

bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 4:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Men never listen. Heres a funny for you.

Quoting Tiff22Faith:

Thanks to you both. I normally do tell him to leave me alone and that I know what I am doing. He just doesn't always listen.

Tiff22Faith
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Love it! Thanks. :)

Quoting bbyblueAK:

Mobile Photo

Quoting Tiff22Faith:

bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Welcome

Quoting Tiff22Faith:

Love it! Thanks. :)

Quoting bbyblueAK:

Mobile Photo

Quoting Tiff22Faith:

Mrs_Snail
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Why would you be the only one who takes care of the baby? Why don't you shift with his dad?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN