Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What Are Your Kids Involved In?

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:03 AM
  • 114 Replies

As I was going through my emails this weekend, there were several from the football league my son has played on for the last 3 years. This season will be the first time he won't play since he was age eligible. We moved from Texas to Kansas in February and I am not not very familiar with the leagues here. He will be sitting out this season until we can do more research and get a feel for the type of leagues available here.

We are going to enroll him in a martial arts and he is also interested in taking a music class. I am hoping with these new activities, he doesn't miss football too much this fall.

Are your kids involved in any sports, community groups or activities that the enjoy? How long have they been participating?

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
billysangel
Yesterday at 8:45 PM
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:52 AM

My dd's are all taking a hiatus this summer from anything except fun on their own time. I feel like summer time should be a break from everything! However, once school starts back, ( they are all homeschooled) we will slowly ease back into their outside activities of horseback lessons, cheerleading and soccer.

suziejax
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Well at moment she is at camp as of today for the next week. She is being interviewed for our state teen art council next week and I hope she gets in! She is hoping! That will have her busy one -2 days a week.

She is homeschooled and since we moved to a bigger city she has more activites to choose from. We are not sure what else she is wanting to do as of yet. She is considering dance. I do know for the homeschoolers in the area she will be going to open gym to play volley ball etc once a week for P.E. 

She also wants to volunteer with animals so we are setting that up as well.

Sarlinda
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Our girls aren't involved in anything right now. Oldest dd is in band during the school year and likes it. :)

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:55 AM

I think it is great that you set aside summer for them to do as they like rather than be scheduled with organized activites.

How long have they been involved in their various activities?

Quoting billysangel:

My dd's are all taking a hiatus this summer from anything except fun on their own time. I feel like summer time should be a break from everything! However, once school starts back, ( they are all homeschooled) we will slowly ease back into their outside activities of horseback lessons, cheerleading and soccer.

PeachQuean
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:55 AM

My girls are into bowling. 

12 yr old since she was 5 and my 6 yr old only for the past 2 yrs. 

They bowl during the fall to the spring and are off in the summers. 

They do swimming lessons in the winter since they were about 6 weeks old. 

Dancing and Gymnastics. sd is a kickboxer

Lo only 2 1/2 is going into mixed martial arts when she turns 3 in Feb, and is in swimming as well and will do bowling in a few yrs. lol 

poshkat
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:56 AM
No. We did baseball two years ago and ds didn't have fun. The only football league is 45 minutes away and soccer was full this year. He's not a sports kid so we find things we can do that will interst him like the nature center, swimming at the lake and hanging out with his friends.
Ravynsangel
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:56 AM
My oldest son 11 is in baseball which the season just ended last month he is also in 4-H evolved in many activity his favorites being archery an rifle he also loves the cooking
My middle son age 4 had only been in t- ball so far an he really enjoyed that
My youngest son age 8 months not involved in anything as of yet
mylilprincesses
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:57 AM
We haven't ever done any activities like that before. Either because of time or couldn't afford it.
billysangel
Yesterday at 8:45 PM
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:58 AM

My oldest dd is into horseback lessons for 2 years now. Since she's Autistic it has been wonderful for her! My middle dd was playing the clarinet but now wants to start soccer so we will start that this fall. My youngest dd is into cheer and this is her 3rd season through Upwards Sports. 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I think it is great that you set aside summer for them to do as they like rather than be scheduled with organized activites.

How long have they been involved in their various activities?

Quoting billysangel:

Bajanmama
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Two of my boys are in karate, have been for about 3 years. They both hold yellow belts and are working on blue for the end of the year. My daughter goes to art, this is her second year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)