Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What Are Your Kids Involved In?

As I was going through my emails this weekend, there were several from the football league my son has played on for the last 3 years. This season will be the first time he won't play since he was age eligible. We moved from Texas to Kansas in February and I am not not very familiar with the leagues here. He will be sitting out this season until we can do more research and get a feel for the type of leagues available here.

We are going to enroll him in a martial arts and he is also interested in taking a music class. I am hoping with these new activities, he doesn't miss football too much this fall.

Are your kids involved in any sports, community groups or activities that the enjoy? How long have they been participating?

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Replies (111-114):
luvmy2gurlz0405
by New Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 2:05 PM

DD1 plays select travel softball, she also plays volleyball with the rec dept. but her softball is pretty much year round so she keeps pretty busy with that. she is 11

DD2 is 6, she did dance last year..ballet,tap and jazz, she wants to do it again this year but she wants to do ballet and hip hop lol. She played softball for Dixie youth and wants to try cheerleading. She is also obsessed with horses! She is still in the stage of trying out different things before she decides what her "passion" is. My older daughter did dance, then guitar lessons then finally softball when she was 8 and thats what she stuck with.

whitelotus707
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 4:52 PM

My 19 year-old is involved in raiding my fridge every chance he gets! lol

kgcmom9229
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:33 AM

We have three girls, ages 1, 4 and 6. Our 4 and 6 year old do baton, ballet/tap, taw kwon doe, swim lessons, soccer, and gymnastics. Our 6 year old takes art classes and does girl scouts that our 4 year old isn't old enough for. We tried tball with both girls and softball with our 6 year old but they didn't like it that much so we don't plan on doing it again. We have tried tennis and they liked it, so we may start doing it on a regular basis, it's a little pricey where we live, we will see. Our 6 year old starts religion classses this fall and I'm kind of waiting to see how our schedule fits together.

FriendlyMoma
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 5:27 PM
My daughter is 9 years old and she is my only! She has a lot of energy! She used to play soccer (played for 3 seasons) and was swimming and dancing also as well as participating in school activities like their annual talent show and Science fair! That was when she was age 5-7.
From age 7-9 she didn't play soccer however filled her schedule up with other interests. She played guitar for a little while but we had to stop because she wants to do everything, theirs just not enough time to do it all! She dances 8-10 hours a week. She takes Ballet,Tap,Jazz,African dance,Hip Hop, Modern and acrobatics. She has also done Ballet productions like the NutCracker and Cinderella. She swims once a week, she's on a pre-team to prepare for competitive swimming. She also wants to dance competitively but I don't have the time for that (too much traveling). She is part of a dance crew in her dance school. They dance at different events like at half time sports events and Parties. Last Summer she began Musical Theater. She was in Alice and Wonderland Jr. She also did a mini play at an 8 week theater class and at school was part of the Aladdin Jr musical. She also was in her schools choir this past school year. This Summer she joined band playing the trumpet. She also returned to her musical camp for the Wizard of Oz Jr. She just finished the show yesterday, there were 3 shows. She has a break this week but next Monday will begin another mini play. Then she will have another break possibly longer before she starts her dance intensive camp.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN