Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Things You Should Get To

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:58 PM
  • 30 Replies

Do you feel that there are things you need to do and never have a chance to do?  I have a list of things I need to get done, clean out the closets, throw out old toys etc.  I just don't find the energy or time to do it. 

Share some of stuff on your to do list. 

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clairewait
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:49 PM

We just moved into a new house. My list is much longer than 10 items. 

But my husband took all the kids to his parents house this week, so I've been home alone. I knocked out a good portion of my list and I'm feeling really good.

We had already done all the big unpacking. Now we have 2 overflow rooms that need to be organized, and then just small spaces that needed help: the spice cabinet, the kitchen junk drawer, my closet.

I'm feeling really good right now with where I'm at. I've already unloaded 5 boxes of junk for Goodwill.

Honestly, I just make a really detailed list with all of my projects broken down into small enough pieces that I can see progress. If you don't have a day or a week to do everything, make your list in 1 hour segments. Seriously. Just the kitchen junk drawer was huge for me, and that was a 1ft by 1ft space... haha.

I also give myself time goals. Like, tonight I wanted to finish my bathroom before I ate dinner. I didn't let myself eat until everything was put away.

I very often tackle odd chores like that with my kids home too - like folding laundry while they are in the bath. It always makes me hurry to beat them to the next thing.

hugss
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Yes but it is because of my new pup & cm, LOL

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Congratulations!  Sounds like you will have your house set up before the kids come home.  I definitely have to start tackling one chore a day on my list. 

Quoting clairewait:

We just moved into a new house. My list is much longer than 10 items. 

But my husband took all the kids to his parents house this week, so I've been home alone. I knocked out a good portion of my list and I'm feeling really good.

We had already done all the big unpacking. Now we have 2 overflow rooms that need to be organized, and then just small spaces that needed help: the spice cabinet, the kitchen junk drawer, my closet.

I'm feeling really good right now with where I'm at. I've already unloaded 5 boxes of junk for Goodwill.

Honestly, I just make a really detailed list with all of my projects broken down into small enough pieces that I can see progress. If you don't have a day or a week to do everything, make your list in 1 hour segments. Seriously. Just the kitchen junk drawer was huge for me, and that was a 1ft by 1ft space... haha.

I also give myself time goals. Like, tonight I wanted to finish my bathroom before I ate dinner. I didn't let myself eat until everything was put away.

I very often tackle odd chores like that with my kids home too - like folding laundry while they are in the bath. It always makes me hurry to beat them to the next thing.

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 1:33 AM

Awww....that's a great excuse.  I hope your new pup is adjusting.  I know CM is my relaxing time.  lol 

Quoting hugss:

hugss
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:05 AM

Could be better ..

Quoting momofnatalie:

Awww....that's a great excuse.  I hope your new pup is adjusting.  I know CM is my relaxing time.  lol 

Quoting hugss:

TheJerseyGirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Closets...I hate doing those!

TheJerseyGirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Cleaning out my shed. Its about 100 outside so I have no motivation to do it

TheJerseyGirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Ironing

TristanMitchael
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:49 AM
I always start one thing and then end up starting on something else so it feels like I never get anything done
momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't either, we have the same weather here and I won't go outside and do anything until he cools down.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Cleaning out my shed. Its about 100 outside so I have no motivation to do it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)