Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Things You Should Get To

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:58 PM
  • 30 Replies

Do you feel that there are things you need to do and never have a chance to do?  I have a list of things I need to get done, clean out the closets, throw out old toys etc.  I just don't find the energy or time to do it. 

Share some of stuff on your to do list. 

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:49 PM

We just moved into a new house. My list is much longer than 10 items. 

But my husband took all the kids to his parents house this week, so I've been home alone. I knocked out a good portion of my list and I'm feeling really good.

We had already done all the big unpacking. Now we have 2 overflow rooms that need to be organized, and then just small spaces that needed help: the spice cabinet, the kitchen junk drawer, my closet.

I'm feeling really good right now with where I'm at. I've already unloaded 5 boxes of junk for Goodwill.

Honestly, I just make a really detailed list with all of my projects broken down into small enough pieces that I can see progress. If you don't have a day or a week to do everything, make your list in 1 hour segments. Seriously. Just the kitchen junk drawer was huge for me, and that was a 1ft by 1ft space... haha.

I also give myself time goals. Like, tonight I wanted to finish my bathroom before I ate dinner. I didn't let myself eat until everything was put away.

I very often tackle odd chores like that with my kids home too - like folding laundry while they are in the bath. It always makes me hurry to beat them to the next thing.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Yes but it is because of my new pup & cm, LOL

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Congratulations!  Sounds like you will have your house set up before the kids come home.  I definitely have to start tackling one chore a day on my list. 

Quoting clairewait:

We just moved into a new house. My list is much longer than 10 items. 

But my husband took all the kids to his parents house this week, so I've been home alone. I knocked out a good portion of my list and I'm feeling really good.

We had already done all the big unpacking. Now we have 2 overflow rooms that need to be organized, and then just small spaces that needed help: the spice cabinet, the kitchen junk drawer, my closet.

I'm feeling really good right now with where I'm at. I've already unloaded 5 boxes of junk for Goodwill.

Honestly, I just make a really detailed list with all of my projects broken down into small enough pieces that I can see progress. If you don't have a day or a week to do everything, make your list in 1 hour segments. Seriously. Just the kitchen junk drawer was huge for me, and that was a 1ft by 1ft space... haha.

I also give myself time goals. Like, tonight I wanted to finish my bathroom before I ate dinner. I didn't let myself eat until everything was put away.

I very often tackle odd chores like that with my kids home too - like folding laundry while they are in the bath. It always makes me hurry to beat them to the next thing.

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 1:33 AM

Awww....that's a great excuse.  I hope your new pup is adjusting.  I know CM is my relaxing time.  lol 

Quoting hugss:

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:05 AM

Could be better ..

Quoting momofnatalie:

Awww....that's a great excuse.  I hope your new pup is adjusting.  I know CM is my relaxing time.  lol 

Quoting hugss:

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Closets...I hate doing those!

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Cleaning out my shed. Its about 100 outside so I have no motivation to do it

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Ironing

TristanMitchael
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:49 AM
I always start one thing and then end up starting on something else so it feels like I never get anything done
momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't either, we have the same weather here and I won't go outside and do anything until he cools down.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Cleaning out my shed. Its about 100 outside so I have no motivation to do it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN