Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Things You Should Get To

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you feel that there are things you need to do and never have a chance to do?  I have a list of things I need to get done, clean out the closets, throw out old toys etc.  I just don't find the energy or time to do it. 

Share some of stuff on your to do list. 

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Replies (21-30):
egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Oh yes. My house needs a de-cluttering for one.
egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:12 PM
I also need to go through baby clothes and get rid of them. But... that's harder than I thought.
SlightlyPerfect
Today at 7:59 AM
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Really, it's one thing a bunch of times: declutter and donate. But DH will be away on business tomorrow, so I might make it DD's and my thing tomorrow.
bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Ive done a lot of major cleaning the last week when I was on vacation. I just have minor stuff to do now
momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:45 PM

I know its hard.  Some of the clothes have such good memories attached to it.  I kept the outfits I brought each of them home and one outfit from each size.  Hopefully one day I can have someone make a quilt for me.

Quoting egyptian_mommy: I also need to go through baby clothes and get rid of them. But... that's harder than I thought.

TheJerseyGirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Congratulations on the new house!

Quoting clairewait:

We just moved into a new house. My list is much longer than 10 items. 

But my husband took all the kids to his parents house this week, so I've been home alone. I knocked out a good portion of my list and I'm feeling really good.

We had already done all the big unpacking. Now we have 2 overflow rooms that need to be organized, and then just small spaces that needed help: the spice cabinet, the kitchen junk drawer, my closet.

I'm feeling really good right now with where I'm at. I've already unloaded 5 boxes of junk for Goodwill.

Honestly, I just make a really detailed list with all of my projects broken down into small enough pieces that I can see progress. If you don't have a day or a week to do everything, make your list in 1 hour segments. Seriously. Just the kitchen junk drawer was huge for me, and that was a 1ft by 1ft space... haha.

I also give myself time goals. Like, tonight I wanted to finish my bathroom before I ate dinner. I didn't let myself eat until everything was put away.

I very often tackle odd chores like that with my kids home too - like folding laundry while they are in the bath. It always makes me hurry to beat them to the next thing.

DKk0531
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:20 PM
Yes I do, but with dh being gone I'm getting a lot of things done. Cleaned out all 3 closets and donated no longer fitting clothes, moved the cedar chest from our room to living room, pulled weeds in the backyard. I have an appt to clean the carpets, and I wanted to paint the girls swing set but we have thunderstorms all week so that's not happening lol
egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah. I know they're just clothes but... ah well. I'll get to it some day.

Quoting momofnatalie:

I know its hard.  Some of the clothes have such good memories attached to it.  I kept the outfits I brought each of them home and one outfit from each size.  Hopefully one day I can have someone make a quilt for me.

Quoting egyptian_mommy: I also need to go through baby clothes and get rid of them. But... that's harder than I thought.

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Wow that is great work!  I hope you got some rest in there, you deserve it.

Quoting DKk0531: Yes I do, but with dh being gone I'm getting a lot of things done. Cleaned out all 3 closets and donated no longer fitting clothes, moved the cedar chest from our room to living room, pulled weeds in the backyard. I have an appt to clean the carpets, and I wanted to paint the girls swing set but we have thunderstorms all week so that's not happening lol

newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 5:13 PM
The art cabinet is a mess
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)