Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My father has custodial custody of my son

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:43 PM
  • 10 Replies
If he is not contacting me and refusing visitation what can I do? Can he go after me for child support?
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grneyedormom
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Yes, he could go after you for child support. What is the visitation agreement per the court order supposed to be? Why does he have custody of your son?
EarlGrayHot
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Custodial custody?  You mean full custody rather than shared?  Talk to a lawyer.  Or notify the court he is not cooperating.

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:17 PM

I would contact your lawyer.  It should specify if you are allowed supervised or unsupervised visits.  If not, then they need to file the paperwork so that you can have visitation.

Mommy_Mae1326
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Per ohio laws. Custodial custody means he can take my son to the doctor without my signatures. He dies nit have full custody. I do. I never signed over my rights and I am allowed unsupervised visitation when ever I ask. And my lawyer has said that if he refuses he can be in trouble. He is also obligated to call me or respond to my calls as far as my son and communication is concerned. He only has custodial custody because my father put me in foster care at 17 and csb will not allow children of teens to go to care with them. I am now 20.

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

Custodial custody?  You mean full custody rather than shared?  Talk to a lawyer.  Or notify the court he is not cooperating.

Singlemama52
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Why does he have custody?
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Hope you can get things settle/figured out :)

melindabelcher
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:19 PM
I would def keep in touch with your lawyer sounds like your dad isn't following the rules
Mommy_Mae1326
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:38 PM
I had my son at 16 and my dad put me in foster care at 17 in the state of Ohio they do not allow children of teens in foster care facilities. I'm now 20 :/ this has been going on for quite some time

Quoting Singlemama52: Why does he have custody?
TristanMitchael
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Why don't you get your son back since you are of age now?
I hope you get things figured out. Good luck!
bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Hugs I hope you get things figured out momma
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN