Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I'm a first time mom and I feel sick all the time

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:26 PM
  • 17 Replies
I want to feel great and have energy to be active like I used to before baby.
My pregnancy was crappy full of complications, I almost died in delivery form blood loss. My anxiety was terrible for 8 months post delivery. My baby is 10 months now and thank God my anxiety is gone. I had labs done 6 months ago and everything shows I'm doing great. But I don't get anything done and my energy levels are low most of the day. I am a stay at home mom and my baby is 25 lb.
Can it be just something emotional if physically the numbers say I am fine?
I feel like a happy person with low energy. I adore my baby he is my life, but I can't wait for him to go to school and I can go back to work. The stay at home thing isn't as wonderful as I thought it would be.
Anyone feeli like this too?
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Did they check your vitamin D? When my Vitamin D is low I feel like ass.

Are you drinking enough water?

Maybe try getting out and about with baby, and that will help.

g5em
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Thanks! I don't get enough sun, I will try. We live in Texas and it gets very hot but will try anyways.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Did they check your vitamin D? When my Vitamin D is low I feel like ass.

Are you drinking enough water?

Maybe try getting out and about with baby, and that will help.

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:24 PM

I'm so sorry.  I felt really yucky for the first year after my first DD was born.  I think I might have had a low form of post partum because I was fine and dandy after my second DD was born.  I was able to get through the day but just didn't feel like doing much and I didn't know why.  Physically I was fine but it was a tough transition for me.  I did start exercising more and taking the baby for walks.  I reached out to my friends and the support helped.  Being a first time mom was isolating for me, I was trying to be the best mom and not fail my child. I wasn't a happy person and I had to find a way to deal with my responsibities as a mom and finding ways to get myself out of the funk I was in.  Hang in there! 

christina122952
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope you feel better, talk to a doctor.
TheCupcakeMom
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I felt like that with my first daughter, I had to force myself to get out and stay active to get any energy back. 

It's a new mom thing, your body is bouncing back from HELL and now you have this tiny human sucking up all your energy and your body is adjusting to the new 24/7 demand. It takes a bit, but it'll come back.

Go out by yourself, treat yourself to a pedicure, have some "me" time and slowly but surely you'll get back to yourself.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:45 PM

I think all new moms get that way at som point. Staying home with a baby all day is hard some days, some days it's a joy. Is there anyway you could work part time or at least go out with friends?

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:58 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww hope you feel better,
Keep talkingf to your doctor :)

g5em
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 6:15 PM
It's like you were describing the way I feel exactly right now. I am very lonely and obsessed with being the best mom since God gave me the chance to still be around.
Thanks for your support :)

Quoting momofnatalie:

I'm so sorry.  I felt really yucky for the first year after my first DD was born.  I think I might have had a low form of post partum because I was fine and dandy after my second DD was born.  I was able to get through the day but just didn't feel like doing much and I didn't know why.  Physically I was fine but it was a tough transition for me.  I did start exercising more and taking the baby for walks.  I reached out to my friends and the support helped.  Being a first time mom was isolating for me, I was trying to be the best mom and not fail my child. I wasn't a happy person and I had to find a way to deal with my responsibities as a mom and finding ways to get myself out of the funk I was in.  Hang in there! 

g5em
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 6:17 PM
I will try to see my friends more often. I always tell them I am busy and almost never see them anymore. It's like I am a different person.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

I think all new moms get that way at som point. Staying home with a baby all day is hard some days, some days it's a joy. Is there anyway you could work part time or at least go out with friends?

TheCupcakeMom
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Try making friends with other moms. I had an issue turning down friends invites with my daughter because none of my friends at the time had babies, this time I'm lucky and all of them do... but it's hard to stay connected when your in mom mode and they are not. Usually there are groups on here for your area. Or this sounds silly but in my area there are free things like at the mall twice a week they have "mommy boot camp" where a bunch of stroller moms get together and basically run around the mall for a workout with strollers before it opens and then they sit at the play area in the mall afterwards.... it sound silly but things like that are a good way to meet other new moms and sometimes another new mom is your best way to bounce back bc they understand how you feel.

Quoting g5em: I will try to see my friends more often. I always tell them I am busy and almost never see them anymore. It's like I am a different person.
Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN