Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I'm a first time mom and I feel sick all the time

Posted by   + Show Post
I want to feel great and have energy to be active like I used to before baby.
My pregnancy was crappy full of complications, I almost died in delivery form blood loss. My anxiety was terrible for 8 months post delivery. My baby is 10 months now and thank God my anxiety is gone. I had labs done 6 months ago and everything shows I'm doing great. But I don't get anything done and my energy levels are low most of the day. I am a stay at home mom and my baby is 25 lb.
Can it be just something emotional if physically the numbers say I am fine?
I feel like a happy person with low energy. I adore my baby he is my life, but I can't wait for him to go to school and I can go back to work. The stay at home thing isn't as wonderful as I thought it would be.
Anyone feeli like this too?
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Replies (11-17):
melindabelcher
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Get involved in the area.
Check out mommy and me. Library group. Play groups. Early intervention groups. Mom fitness groups.
It really helps to go out and about.
egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
It's hard to adjust to becoming a mom. You have a baby and you expect everything to be wonderful. And in a lot of ways it is. But it's also an adjustment and not always an easy one. Your life completely changes and you have a whole new set of worries and responsibilities. You're also getting less rest. But I think it's a good idea to see your dr again and let him/her know how you're feeling.
bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Hugs hope you feel better soon.
Blessed2585
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Checking your Vitamin D is a good idea. If you don't get out in the sun then getting a Vitmen D supplement can be very helpful. To get the right amount of Vitamin D you have to be in the direct sun for 30 minutes a day. Texas does it hot so a pill might be easier. Have you thought about talking to a counselor? I will keep you in my prayers! 

g5em
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 7:22 PM
You are so sweet. Thanks a lot, I need them :)

Quoting Blessed2585:

Checking your Vitamin D is a good idea. If you don't get out in the sun then
getting a Vitmen D supplement can be very helpful. To get the right amount of
Vitamin D you have to be in the direct sun for 30 minutes a day. Texas does it
hot so a pill might be easier. Have you thought about talking to a counselor? I
will keep you in my prayers! 

VinVanMom
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 7:24 PM
You sound depressed
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Are you on birth control? My birth control made me feel like complete poo. I started to finally figure out all my issues when I went off all B/C completely and started charting my cycle.

I discovered I had raging PMS, actually, and started taking "Ultimate Women's Wellness" which made me feel AMAZING. (Moods evened out, more energy, my libido even spiked.)

Also, realize, the stress of pregnancy and motherhood is often silent but severe. I truly believe it takes at least a full year to recover from pregnancy. And if you are nursing, add a year to that. It is just a lot of changes, physically, emotionally, mentally. I felt like I slept ALL THE TIME and was still always tired.

I typically take Vitamin B during and after pregnancy. It helps. I also have very low iron during pregnancy and had a similar experience in delivery with bleeding (had to get 2 transfusions). Your iron might very well be low. OTC iron has to be taken with vitamin C and not at the same time as Calcium. If you do that for a week or so and notice no improvements, talk to your doc about a prescription iron pill. I'm on Ferralet 90 right now (I'm 33 weeks preggo) and it is amazing. Energy. Sleeping better. And no constipation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)