Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My oldest Daughter is a woman now...sigh~

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:38 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have a beautiful dd who is 14 who lights up every room she comes into. She's also autistic and has social anxiety disorder so she doesn't know how to communicate very well with others. But, we have always had a close relationship. She's always been able to talk to me without feeling pressure so when she started her first period, I didn't know! She didn't tell me!! I found out by finding a pair of her panties hidden in the bathroom closet. I asked her if they were hers...only because I do have a 12 yr old dd and they wear the same size. I knew they were hers though because if they were my other dd, she would have come running to me with excitement! Anyway, she said yes, they were hers. I asked her when she started her period and she said, uhmm, I dunno...maybe 2 days ago. WHAT??!!! I was floored! I asked her why she didn't tell me and she just shrugged and said, I didn't think it was a big deal. Again...WHAT??!!! I just pulled her into a hug and I kept my tears hidden from her but did tell her I was so happy for her. I explained to her that she needs to keep track of her periods on a calendar and to be sure to wrap the pads in either the wrapper if she keeps them, or in toilet paper. I had bought a first period basket for my girls. In it are some Midol for Teens, some Playtex personal wipes, pads, period panties and a calendar to keep in their purse. After I gave her the basket I calmly went into my room and boo hoo'd. I cannot seem to wrap my head around the fact that she's growing up! She is constantly growing and changing right before my eyes and I have 2 more dd's following right behind her. I pray I can make it through it with them!

Have a blessed day!!

by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Your little girl is growing up.  My girls are still young but I will probably feel a little sad when that day comes too.  That is so sweet that you made a basket for her.  I am sure you will do fine when its time for your other girls, I think the first one is always the hardest.  

arkmomma06
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter just started hers in October. It caught me off guard.. I'm not ready for her to grow up yet.

My son is 19, and that makes me feel really old. Lol
booaura
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter is only 5 months, but I dread this time coming.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
booaura
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:41 PM
My daughter is only 5 months, but I dread this time coming.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
billysangel
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:04 PM
My oldest is 23, going on 24 on Halloween. He tries to make me older by giving me grand kids, but it's not working! I don't get older, I just get better!
TheJerseyGirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 6:12 AM

OMGosh! That's such a huge ordeal I know!

BTW, my youngest is 13 and he is also autistic. Hugs, mama!

TristanMitchael
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:22 AM
I'm not looking forward to those days!
bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:02 AM
I only have boys unless we find out this baby is a girl next week.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:32 AM

aww yep .. a woman now :)

billysangel
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:27 PM
I had a feeling it was coming. Usually she's always so sweet and polite and lately she's been grouchy, emotional and at times, throws fits!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)