Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Farmer's Market

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:05 AM
  • 36 Replies

Have you been to the Farmer's Market recently, if so, what did you get?

by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 6:15 AM
Not a market, but yesterday we went to a local farm and got eggs, peas, corn, and white string beans.
TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 6:31 AM

We just went to one Sunday! I bought peaches and strawberries and my youngest got two dvds. I saw an antique mirror that I LOVEd but they wanted $300!!!! Are they crazy?

TristanMitchael
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:15 AM
I've wanted to go to a farmers market but nobody wants to go with me :/ well except my kids who go everywhere with me. I just figured it would be a funner experience with a friend or.someone else.
bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:05 AM
I haven't been yet but want to go
egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Yes. We have one on Sundays that I love to go to. I was there this past Sunday and got a case of yukon gold potatoes, 9 green peppers, several pounds of red potatoes, cherry tomatoes, yellow squash, a cantaloupe, a few cucumbers and I think that's it.
egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Also, apparently potatoes make really fun toys too. Lol
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
No we not been yet.
momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:29 PM

How awesome that you can buy directly from the farm.  Is it close by or do you have to drive a bit to get to?  We have a farm store that is about 20 minutes away, I wish we lived closer.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: Not a market, but yesterday we went to a local farm and got eggs, peas, corn, and white string beans.

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Wow, $300 it must have some history to it.  I don't know much about antiques so I wouldn't want to buy it because I don't know if its really worth that price.   I rather go to Home Goods or a thrift store to find a similar mirror for $39.99. 

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

We just went to one Sunday! I bought peaches and strawberries and my youngest got two dvds. I saw an antique mirror that I LOVEd but they wanted $300!!!! Are they crazy?

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:35 PM

It's fun with the kids too.  My little one loves to try the samples and help pick out fruit.  I totally get it is more fun with a friend because you can look, shop and talk about what you can make with the what you are purchasing. 

Quoting TristanMitchael: I've wanted to go to a farmers market but nobody wants to go with me :/ well except my kids who go everywhere with me. I just figured it would be a funner experience with a friend or.someone else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN