Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you go to yard/garage sales?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 6:34 AM
  • 31 Replies

LOVE them...I've gotten all kinds of stuff!

Do you go? What kinds of things do you look for? What's your favorite buy ever?

by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 6:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TristanMitchael
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:13 AM
I don't. I always say I'm going to and then never do. The last couple ones I went to they had everything overpriced
bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:07 AM
I haven't been in a long time. I haven't had money lately
chiefsfan91
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:10 AM
All the time. Mostly clothes. Who can resist 25 cent tshirts? We find toys, books etc.

Also we buy dishes. I drop dishes all the time :( something about my right hand, I can't tell if im gripping too hard or not enough. So we just buy cheap garage sale dishes so it doesn't hurt too bad when I break one. All our glasses and cups are plastic
waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:21 AM
Yep, all the time. I look for mostly kids stuff, furniture that can be refinished.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:30 AM

use to

Linda_Runs
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:32 AM

We did one once but are not big fans of them.  Anything that remotely has a value we sell through Kijiji where we get great results.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Ive been to those where they think everything is an antique or they want as much for clothes used as they bought them for!

Quoting TristanMitchael: I don't. I always say I'm going to and then never do. The last couple ones I went to they had everything overpriced

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:18 PM

the only time I used Kijiji was to sell my puppies and I had such great responses from there!

Quoting Linda_Runs:

We did one once but are not big fans of them.  Anything that remotely has a value we sell through Kijiji where we get great results.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Me too!

Quoting waytomanykids10: Yep, all the time. I look for mostly kids stuff, furniture that can be refinished.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:19 PM

25 cents??!!! I'm moving to where you live! lol

Quoting chiefsfan91: All the time. Mostly clothes. Who can resist 25 cent tshirts? We find toys, books etc. Also we buy dishes. I drop dishes all the time :( something about my right hand, I can't tell if im gripping too hard or not enough. So we just buy cheap garage sale dishes so it doesn't hurt too bad when I break one. All our glasses and cups are plastic

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN