Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

anyone in indiana?!?!

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:09 AM
  • 44 Replies
My husband is origionally from here...he was in the USMC for 11 years and last year we moved back to indiana. I gotta say im having a hard time fitting in and getting used to not being a military family. We bought a house which is a dream we talked about since me and my husband got together. Its weird to know that we wont have to move out of this house any time soon and that we can do what we want to the house. It would be nice to have some friends in my area.
by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 10, 2014 at 2:05 PM

I am not in Indiana but I know what you mean. Life after the military was a huge adjustment for me too, especially as I had not only been a military wife but was also a military daughter. It honestly took me a couple of years to fully adjust.

When we bought our house it was such a big deal. People buy houses everyday, but for us, it was a major milestone because all those years in the military we never wanted to take a chance on buying and then having to see when we had to PCS.

starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 2:58 PM
It really is hard to adjust...very hard. Glad im not the only one having a hard time. Im still feeling like i am up in the air floating around ya know. ..still getting used to not having to worry that dh will get deployed...even tho i still have the nightmares about it. It still hasnt sunk in that this is OUR house and we are here to stay ya know?!?! Wish you lived in indy so i could have a friend that knew what its like and could relate to. Thanks for making me feel better.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I am not in Indiana but I know what you mean. Life after the military was a huge adjustment for me too, especially as I had not only been a military wife but was also a military daughter. It honestly took me a couple of years to fully adjust.

When we bought our house it was such a big deal. People buy houses everyday, but for us, it was a major milestone because all those years in the military we never wanted to take a chance on buying and then having to see when we had to PCS.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 3:27 PM

No but hope someone can help you :)

bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Not me but I hope you can find some friends momma.
grneyedormom
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 12:04 AM
I'm in Indiana right now but am only visiting. :)
millieswife
by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 12:06 AM
I'm in Indiana.
christina122952
by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 12:44 AM
I was born in Indiana but now I live in las Vegas.
Barabell
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 5:05 PM

I don't. But we did move to another state almost 10 years ago, so I know it can be hard to make friends.

I have found some through work. My sister took up a hobby (knitting) and made friends through that.

Good luck!

mich2.0
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Bump for Indiana peeps!

starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Uwhich part?

Quoting millieswife: I'm in Indiana.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)