Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

SAHM? WM? WAHM?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:11 AM
  • 59 Replies

I'm a SAHM but would like to find something that fits into our lifestyle...nothing yet!

I like staying home though!

What about you? Which one are you? Which would you rather be?

boy kissing mom

by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:12 AM
I work full time from home and so does my husband. We love it. Nothing like working from your livingroom in your pajamas lol
booaura
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:12 AM
I'm a sahm right now, I can't work because of this pregnancy, and I am miserable. I miss my work and will be returning as soon as I can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trish2tew
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:14 AM

I was a SAHM up until a year ago, now I am a WM FT(40hrs wk). I'm having some health issues and may have to go PT or quit. I have to wait and see what they say at my appointments. I would love to work from home, but I want to be a LC, and it's kinda hard to get the work experience for certification if you stay at home 24/7.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I hope its nothing too serious?

Quoting trish2tew:

I was a SAHM up until a year ago, now I am a WM FT(40hrs wk). I'm having some health issues and may have to go PT or quit. I have to wait and see what they say at my appointments. I would love to work from home, but I want to be a LC, and it's kinda hard to get the work experience for certification if you stay at home 24/7.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Pregnancy can do that to you!

Quoting booaura: I'm a sahm right now, I can't work because of this pregnancy, and I am miserable. I miss my work and will be returning as soon as I can.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:19 AM

I agree! I'm so jealous! What do you do?

Quoting starreyedcutie: I work full time from home and so does my husband. We love it. Nothing like working from your livingroom in your pajamas lol

trish2tew
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:22 AM

No clue yet. I had a seizure in high school and was on medication for several years, but quit taking meds with DRs permission more than 9 years ago. I had a rather disturbing aura out of nowhere a couple of months ago, and am having other neurological problems. Each by themselves are no big deal, but because I am having so many, we are concerned. I also suffer from clinical depression and need to get back on medication.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

I hope its nothing too serious?

Quoting trish2tew:

melindabelcher
by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:25 AM
I'm a SAHM right now.
I may have a WAHM opportunity working for WIC. If that doesn't work out I'll likely be going back to work full time right after baby is born. I hate the idea of going back to work. I've been home for the last 2.5yrs. But reality is I can make double what dh makes and I'm tired of living pay check to paycheck and not being able to do the things we want to do :(
BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:27 AM

I'm a SAHM and have been for the last 10 years.  I'm going to be going to work soon and am excited about the paycheck and the opportunity to meet new people and all of that but I'm dreading missing time with my family and not having the time to do my hobbies. 

jcm28
by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:33 AM
I work and I love it. Except the summers lol. I want to work full but my kids need me more and of coarse they are more important.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN