Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

You're only home with the kids! I work, where does your energy go?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 1:47 PM
  • 15 Replies
5 moms liked this

Oh yes he did, he said it and my hubby laughed agreeing with his misinformed friend. My hubby made it a point to tell me about the conversation he had with his best friend, the topic was me a SAHM. They just couldn't understand how I could be tired I'm at home all day. You would think his best friend understood considering he has four kids and one on the way, but the difference is his wife has a job outside of the house.

For my hubby to laugh and agree with his best friend was very insulting and I told him so. He responded saying: "The grass is cut, the bills are paid" What I do you can see...I can't see what you do. Toys are everywhere, the house isn't spotless, what do you do?" How he laughed. I read him for filth (meaning I told him off). 

Quote:

Excuse me the clothes you're wearing are clean because of who? The food that you're eating is made by who? The house may not be spotless and toys may be misplaced, but when you have a 1 and 2 year old things will get out of place. The toilet that you use, who cleans up the droplets because at your 35 years of age you still can't aim correctly? The toothbrush, toothpaste who makes sure we're stocked? Who makes sure that your favorite beer and snacks are stocked? Most importantly who is taking care of OUR kids? Teaching them, feeding them, cleaning them, nursing their boo-boos, breaking up their little tifts? So when you fix your mouth to say where my energy goes what you need to do is bow the heck down and thank your lucky stars for me!

by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TadpoleMomma
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

clapping

melindabelcher
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Love it!!
luvnature
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Well said momma! 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Good for you :)

ambergem
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 3:24 PM
I'd be livid and consider marriage counseling where they can help him understand. I swear my DH is so supportive but I used to work FT and sometimes wish he could stay home for a month straight with our 4 LO's just to experience the struggle firsthand.
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Love it, lol.

Grnyann65
by New Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 5:18 PM

My husband was like that too. When I got a part time job, he wasn't happy. I was in Heaven. It was like a mini vacation a couple of days a week.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jul. 11, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Well said
iamcafemom83
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 8:27 PM
Oh geez can't believe he said that! I think people forget the actual taking care of the kids part when you're a sahp. Like it's so easy to think, we'll do this, and this will be a snap, and I'll get plenty of rest. Ha. Hahahaha! I think situations like this, totally a good reason to go somewhere for the weekend and leave him with the kiddos.
liquidtinkerbel
by New Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 8:34 PM

My DH knows how busy I am during the day. He works a third shift so he sleeps most of the day. I take care of our DD (2 almost 3), run all the errands, the house is always clean because toys are kept in the playroom, and go to school. If I had to run around after her all day picking up behind her, I'd go crazy. I just do not have time for that. He asked me today how I keep caught up on everything.

chopped headTeam Zombie! (former sn elrikandisis)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)