Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Your kids and camps?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 2:33 PM
  • 44 Replies

My son just finished a week-long summer basketball "camp" at the local high school. It's a great half-day program run by the HS girls and their coach, and my 6yo just loves it! This was his second year.

We give him the option each year to choose one out of a handful of day camps. He's very much looking forward to going to an overnight camp, which I'm thinking will become an option when he turns 8 or so. I always loved camp as a kid, and I'm so happy that my son is shaping up to do the same!

What about your kids, do they attend any camps? What kinds? 

by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 3:21 PM

They went to sports camps when they were younger :)

bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 4:49 PM
I don't know of any around here
Barabell
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 5:26 PM

My son has been to daycare type camps, sports day camps, sports overnight camps, Boy Scout overnight camps, and Campfire USA overnight camps.

This summer, he isn't really doing any camps. Just lacross and hockey stuff, but some is during the day.

SarahSuzyQ
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 6:07 PM
What type of sports camps? Day or overnight?

I remember getting to go to soccer camp at the university when I was a teen, it was a favorite!

Quoting hugss:

SarahSuzyQ
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 6:08 PM
How old are your kids? A lot of kids around here go to Y day camps, as well as the various sports or outdoor camps.

Quoting bbyblueAK: I don't know of any around here
SarahSuzyQ
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 6:10 PM
Why no camps this summer?

Sounds like he's done it all! My son hopes to do those kinds of things as he gets older, too.

Quoting Barabell:

My son has been to daycare type camps, sports day camps, sports overnight camps, Boy Scout overnight camps, and Campfire USA overnight camps.

This summer, he isn't really doing any camps. Just lacross and hockey stuff, but some is during the day.

Barabell
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 6:21 PM

He decided to play on a lacrosse team and a summer hockey team this summer as well as do summer hockey training with the high school he's starting at in the fall, and I felt that was busy enough. I told him signing up for those two teams would mean no summer camp, and he was fine with that.

Also, he quit Scouts within the past year too because school and sports have just gotten to be a bigger commitment, and so that is why it's his first summer without camping with them. 

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: Why no camps this summer? Sounds like he's done it all! My son hopes to do those kinds of things as he gets older, too.
Quoting Barabell:

melindabelcher
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 7:22 PM
No camps.
We've done some local vbs programs.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

If I had to guess mostly day camps :)

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: What type of sports camps? Day or overnight? I remember getting to go to soccer camp at the university when I was a teen, it was a favorite!
Quoting hugss:

SarahSuzyQ
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Have they done any yet this summer?

My son has done some VBS programs in summers past, but I don't think he's going to any this year.

Quoting melindabelcher: No camps.
We've done some local vbs programs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)