Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Unmedicated birth is a fairy tale?? PIOG

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:07 PM
  • 31 Replies
I am planning an unmedicated birth in a few months and I keep getting told there's no way and how crazy it is. One person even said it is just a fairy tale that isn't real life, that when it comes to giving birth you just scream, it's crazy and too painful to handle without an epideral.
This is my first baby and need encouragement!!
Tell me your natural birth stories please!! What helped you through labor?
by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:09 PM
I've had two unmedicated, vaginal deliveries. I had my husband with me, and it wasn't as terrible as people said it would be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:50 PM
I've had two unmedicated births and due in November with my 3rd. I've been practicing hypnobirthing for this one so we'll see how that goes. But I plan on another natural birth.
bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:59 PM
I will be having my 2nd unmedicated in nov. It really isn't bad. I got up walked around. Sat on a ball. Relaxed in a tub
kari_1002
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM
I have heard the ball really helps!

Quoting bbyblueAK: I will be having my 2nd unmedicated in nov. It really isn't bad. I got up walked around. Sat on a ball. Relaxed in a tub
emmy526
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM

some idiot told my DIL the same thing, so now she's trying to see if she can get a scheduled c-section

DKk0531
by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM
I did with my oldest, it was seriously the easiest thing I have ever done. Having gallstones hurt worse then that, dislocating my shoulder hurt worse then that. I just concentrated on other things besides the pain. I actually slept most if the time through labor and the times I was awake I concentrated on other things, it's going to sound weird but I traced the patterns on the ceiling and floor until I fell back asleep lol. It was extremely easy and you can do it! Don't let other people tell you what you can or can't do, it's your body, the more you listen to people about YOUR pain tolerance the more you are going to "psych" yourself out.

My second I couldn't because I had to go to emergency csection so I couldn't have the birth I wanted
kari_1002
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Oh no! :( All it's done for me is make me more determined!!

Quoting emmy526:

some idiot told my DIL the same thing, so now she's trying to see if she can get a scheduled c-section

kari_1002
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Yeah, the more people say how crazy I am the more determined I have become!!

Quoting DKk0531: I did with my oldest, it was seriously the easiest thing I have ever done. Having gallstones hurt worse then that, dislocating my shoulder hurt worse then that. I just concentrated on other things besides the pain. I actually slept most if the time through labor and the times I was awake I concentrated on other things, it's going to sound weird but I traced the patterns on the ceiling and floor until I fell back asleep lol. It was extremely easy and you can do it! Don't let other people tell you what you can or can't do, it's your body, the more you listen to people about YOUR pain tolerance the more you are going to "psych" yourself out.

My second I couldn't because I had to go to emergency csection so I couldn't have the birth I wanted
emmy526
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 10:10 PM

yeah, i was floored when she said that, as i had three unmedicated births. We tried to tell her an unnecessary c-section is not good for the baby, and her reply was 'well, they have drugs now to get the baby going'.. ???!!!....we asked why she'd want to drug her newborn, she had no answer, got up in a huff, and left. Sorry if the truth hurts her feelings, but she must realize older moms do have more experience with childbirth. 

Quoting kari_1002: Oh no! :( All it's done for me is make me more determined!!
Quoting emmy526:

bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Yes it did.

Quoting kari_1002: I have heard the ball really helps!

Quoting bbyblueAK: I will be having my 2nd unmedicated in nov. It really isn't bad. I got up walked around. Sat on a ball. Relaxed in a tub
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN