Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you use a clothesline?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:38 PM
  • 85 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

One of my favorite things about summer is being able to hang my clothes out to dry... And they dry so quickly! Don't get me wrong, I still don't like doing laundry. But I do like the fresh smell of clothes that were dried on the line.

Do you use a clothesline? Do you use it for everything, just some clothes, just seasonally?
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
t1gger143
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:40 PM
I have a drying rack. It's usually too windy to dry my clothes outside. I usually dry them by the backdoor.
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:17 PM
You have high winds in your area often?

It's nice to dry them outside when you can, sounds like you've found a good way to make that happen.

Quoting t1gger143: I have a drying rack. It's usually too windy to dry my clothes outside. I usually dry them by the backdoor.
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:22 PM

If i had one in my back yard then heck yes i would use it. We are currently working on a plan. Since i cant have poles then im gonna see about getting a retractable line. I do have a small one tied on my chain length fence to hang my daughters cloth diaper inserts on. 

t1gger143
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Almost every afternoon/evening. The joys of living in the desert.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: You have high winds in your area often?

It's nice to dry them outside when you can, sounds like you've found a good way to make that happen.

Quoting t1gger143: I have a drying rack. It's usually too windy to dry my clothes outside. I usually dry them by the backdoor.
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:58 PM
We have one strung between our deck and shed, maybe you can kind of tell from the picture... Retractable sounds like a good idea, too.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

If i had one in my back yard then heck yes i would use it. We are currently working on a plan. Since i cant have poles then im gonna see about getting a retractable line. I do have a small one tied on my chain length fence to hang my daughters cloth diaper inserts on. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Ah, I see... Not quite the same as the climate we have here in Maine. ;-)

Quoting t1gger143: Almost every afternoon/evening. The joys of living in the desert.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: You have high winds in your area often?

jean_marie1987
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:03 PM
It's against our lease to have one :(
hugss
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:11 PM

neve3r have :)

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:43 PM
That's too bad. Are you in an apartment where you could have one if the lease allowed? We do not have that as a rule for our tenants, but none have ever asked either.

Quoting jean_marie1987: It's against our lease to have one :(
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:43 PM
Don't prefer them?

Quoting hugss:

neve3r have :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)