Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you use a clothesline?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

One of my favorite things about summer is being able to hang my clothes out to dry... And they dry so quickly! Don't get me wrong, I still don't like doing laundry. But I do like the fresh smell of clothes that were dried on the line.

Do you use a clothesline? Do you use it for everything, just some clothes, just seasonally?
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Replies (81-85):
bhow
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Only once in awhile and then it's on clip hangers on the front porch.  No line.

whovianmum
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 10:53 PM

I tried to think how to describe it but this was quicker.Brings back memories of doing this as a kid too lol.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: What's a Hills Hoist?
Quoting whovianmum:

Yeah I have a Hills Hoist on my deck although we've been getting a lot of that annoying misty rain so it hasn't been used in a couple of months.

KarenGood
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I use to hate that stiff feeling too... But I Learned that if you use distilled white vinegar as your laundry softener it keeps your clothes softer when you line dry... I dry everything on my line now.

Quoting cupomeow: I have a great one that dh built for me when we could not find poles. I used it quite a bit at first, for everything buy undies. But I don't like the stiff feeling hanging gives to clothes. I still use it for sheets, blankets and pillowcases.

othermom
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Yes i love my clothes line. Especially right now since our dryer is not working very good.

egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:44 PM
No. We're not allowed to have them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN