Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

age difference in kids. how to have fun with all without spending a bunch of money

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 6:48 PM
  • 21 Replies

My children are 13,10, and 4. girl boy girl. my son doesn't ever want to do anything. and my girls are so far apart that I am having trouble coming up with things to do as a family. I am tired of being around the house. I take two days off every other week off of work to spend with my kids and then I have weekends with them. So far we have went to the local pool, went to several parks, went to an exhibit of ripley's believe it or not and a new icecream parlor, a baseball game and camped overnight in the stadium, and gone kart racing twice. We are planning on taking them to the county fair, an amusement park, and water park this summer if the weather cooperates. Two weeks ago it was too cold to swim. Go figure! So we didn't make it to the water park. 

I don't want to spend a bunch of money. We have property taxes due this week plus school registration fees next month. But I am having trouble coming up with more ideas mostly because of the age difference between our kids. 

Ideas anyone?

Kasi Lynn, Calvin David, & Lilith Jade's Mommy
The Work will wait while you show the child the RAINBOW, but the rainbow won't wait while you do your work.

by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Garnetmommyof2
by New Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Depending on your area, state parks are usually free/cheap. We did a family day out and it only costed us 35$. Me, DH, MIL, FIL, dd1, dd2, my 2 sisters, 2 nieces, ages 2-41 all had fun! We went swimming, had a little cook out, played at the park, etc.
DACIA79
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Do you have a children's museum. We always buy a family membership to the museum and zoo.
weaveress
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:39 PM

there is a zoo and a children's musuem a couple hours away. we went to both of them last year. the big kids were bored, griped about it. the baby loved both of them. 

Quoting DACIA79: Do you have a children's museum. We always buy a family membership to the museum and zoo

The Work will wait while you show the child the RAINBOW, but the rainbow won't wait while you do your work.

DACIA79
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:45 PM

I would  try and google free things to do in your city. What city are you in?

Quoting weaveress:

there is a zoo and a children's musuem a couple hours away. we went to both of them last year. the big kids were bored, griped about it. the baby loved both of them. 

Quoting DACIA79: Do you have a children's museum. We always buy a family membership to the museum and zoo

weaveress
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:48 PM

the closest city is peoria,il. it's about an hour away. we are not quite 2 hours from springfield,il. 

Quoting DACIA79:

I would  try and google free things to do in your city. What city are you in?

Quoting weaveress:

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:51 PM
I have that problem too my boys are 11 going to be 12 in Aug and going to be 3 yr in Dec.I dont have my lic either so that no help since I'm a slow learner either..my hubby works so during the week he is to tired to do anything as a family..
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:16 PM
What about going for bike rides? Little one could participate in a variety of ways depending on how she's doing: training wheels, tagalong trailer, etc.
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh, I just thought of another good resource... Try seeing if your area has a Macaroni Kid newsletter. It's a free email newsletter with lots of information on area activities for families.
bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Bump I don't have that issue right now.

The zoo, lake, bike rides, hike, museums, aquariums, fishing, picnics, make your own stepping stones (for walkway or garden)
breakfastlady
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Rent a video and play it outside on patio, pop some popcorn have a movie knight outside.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN