Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

hey moms who are done having kids

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 8:35 AM
  • 72 Replies
What did you do to make sure you didn't have any more kids? Did you or dh get fixed?

I am having conflicted feelings on getting my tubes tied. I know we are done after this baby. Maybe its just that this chapter in my life is soon to be over. Anybody else feel this way when they were done having kids. Is it normal?
by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 14, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I had my tubes tied. My youngest son who is now 9.5 years old was a surprise baby. My older boys were almost 14 and 11 when he was born. I thought I was done before he came along. As much as I love my little guy, I absolutely did not want anymore after him, so I made the decision to go a more permanent route and have a tubal done.

bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 8:41 AM
This what im leaning towards is getting my tubes tied. Just nervous about it I guess.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I had my tubes tied. My youngest son who is now 9.5 years old was a surprise baby. My older boys were almost 14 and 11 when he was born. I thought I was done before he came along. As much as I love my little guy, I absolutely did not want anymore after him, so I made the decision to go a more permanent route and have a tubal done.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 14, 2014 at 8:44 AM

I completely understand. It is a major decision to make. I was very comfortable with my decision because I KNEW without a shadow of a doubt that I was done having children.

Quoting bbyblueAK: This what im leaning towards is getting my tubes tied. Just nervous about it I guess.
Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 8:46 AM
I know we are done. I am 100% sure I don't want anymore kids. its just the surgery/procedure itself. Risk of complications etc that im more nervous about.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I completely understand. It is a major decision to make. I was very comfortable with my decision because I KNEW without a shadow of a doubt that I was done having children.

Quoting bbyblueAK: This what im leaning towards is getting my tubes tied. Just nervous about it I guess.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Kermitthemom23
by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Vas here. I researched tubal and hell no the risks for issues were to much.
Ive heard some good stuff about ensure though
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I have been single for 6.5 years. I have decided I'm good with one kid. My permanent solution is I don't have sex.

A man getting fixed is much safer and less painful. It's an in office procedure. Whereas a woman is put under in an operating room.
I learned that watching Home Improvement. Tim had a vas done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:06 AM

DH got fixed. When he got fixed our youngest was 5 1/2 so I didn't have the whole I still have a baby maybe that's why I don't want one thinking. My mentality was "these kids are potty trained, sleep through the night, and aren't actively trying to kill themselves anymore like toddlers do, get out while you still can!" DH got fixed because I had the babies, so it was only fair.

bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Our insurance doesn't cover for hubby to get fixed. So it would be out pocket and we dont have $1200 just to spring on it.

Quoting Jenn8604: I have been single for 6.5 years. I have decided I'm good with one kid. My permanent solution is I don't have sex. A man getting fixed is much safer and less painful. It's an in office procedure. Whereas a woman is put under in an operating room.
I learned that watching Home Improvement. Tim had a vas done.
mcginnisc
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I had my tubes tied 6 years ago...no issues and no regrets at all. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I got a tubal ligation since they had to do a surgery right after birth anyways.

DH is also getting a vasectomy.

It's a process to come to terms with.  I've been abnormally paranoid about SIDS.  You can't replace one baby with another, but I keep panicking that if something happens to her, my last baby, I can't have another.  Weird, right?

But medically, I could not safely carry another regardless of what happens in my life.  So I had it done.

DH is also done having children.  I was more than willing to let him make that decision on his own.  In case something happened to me, he would have that option open.  We are still relatively young, after all.  But he said no matter what happens, he is also done at 3 children.  3 is all he wanted to provide financially for, we have 2 boys and one girl, he wants to do college funds and pay for DD's wedding someday.  So he plans to get snipped.  It adds a bit more security for us, since I was born after my Mom had a tubal ligation...lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN