Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

"Prison Bracelets" for Kids: Would YOU Buy One?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:48 AM
  • 29 Replies

'Prison Bracelets' for Kids -- Just What Every Helicopter Mom Needs

by Suzee Skwiot

lg kizonEver wanted to know where your children are during every single possible second during the day? Well, rejoice, helicopter parents, because LG has the perfect product for you. The new LG KizON will let parents literally track their children via their own smartphones.

In a cross between a children's cell phone and a prison tracking anklet, the WiFi and GPS-enabled device attaches like a bracelet to a child's wrist and send signals directly to the parents' smartphones. With one button, kids can call their parents and speak directly through the device. Parents can also place phone calls directly to the gadget, but there is a catch. If kids don't answer the call within 10 seconds, parents can listen in through the tracker's built-in microphone.

lg kizonPlus, with the Location Reminder feature, parents can actually program at what points in the day they would like to be reminded of their child's whereabouts. Just in case you've forgotten where they're supposed to be. Or where you put them.

Wowza. There you go. You can literally always have ears, no matter where your children are.

Granted, the idea of a wearable device through which parents can monitor their kids does have some upsides. You can always be in contact with your child, can have two-way communication in case of any emergencies, and the little tool will never get lost if it's securely attached. But the listening-in part? That reaches whole new levels of ahem, helicopter parenting. You can hear the hum of the chopper now.

If you suspect that your child might not really be at a sleepover, or you just really need to hear what they're chatting about at grandma's or while playing in the backyard with their friends, now you can know it all. Enjoy the connection.

Would you ever buy one of these for your child?

by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my4kids274
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 11:06 AM

No way!   

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I kinda like the implantable gps locater that Freddie Benson's mom had inserted on iCarly. LOL.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 14, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Oh how funny. I used to watch that with my son and didn't even think of it.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I kinda like the implantable gps locater that Freddie Benson's mom had inserted on iCarly. LOL.

StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Christ no
Barabell
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 1:29 PM

LOL

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Barabell
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 1:36 PM

I'm definitely NOT a helicopter parent, but I actually see how this could be beneficial if going to a crowded event with a little one. My son liked to run around a lot as a toddler, so I would avoid crowded events like parades or concerts because he had too much energy. I could see how this would provide parents more comfort in taking their toddlers to crowded places instead of skipping out the event.

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 5:18 PM

No, I don't think my 19 month old would want to wear that.  Plus I know cell phones emit radiation, wouldn't these devices as well.  I don't know if wearing this would be safe. 

BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 6:08 PM

No, I wouldn't......but with all the child abductions in the news and all I don't think it's crazy to consider having one.....especially at big events.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jul. 14, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Nope.Currently my son left with a friend and his Mom 2 hours ago to go to library...more than ticked she isn't responding to my text/messages. 

mrsmoonbeam
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 7:19 PM
HELL NO
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN