Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

how to go about with potty training for my daughter?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 10:44 AM
  • 10 Replies
just asking for suggestions never been through potty training before yet.
by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 5:15 PM

sorry, it's been so long since I did it. Here's a bump.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 12:08 AM

How old is she?  Is she showing an interest?

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 12:37 AM

I tried when my DD #1 was about 2 yrs old, she had no interest.  I tried her on the potty, she cried.  About 2 1/2, did it again, no interest.  At 3, I tried it again and she didn't show interest and I was so worried.  Every month after her 3rd birthday, I tried her on the potty.  Then I bought her underwear that she picked out and then she wanted to not wear diapers anymore.  Within a week of buying it, she just went by herself.  It took us a few months to get her to go #2 in the potty but we started an incentive chart and every time she did go, she got a star.  Five stars and we got to go to the amusement park, we had annual passes to.  I have DD #2, she's 19 months, she is really interested in the potty, she sees big sister and mommy go and tries to take off her diaper.  I put her on there and she sits for a bit and then wants off but I figure if she wants to why not.  We'll see if she will train earlier than big sis.

goddessmom3113
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 12:25 PM
yes she is showing interest. we will start her very soon going to go get the potty chair next weekend then will see i will however let her decide its not something we can get upset with her over she is 16 almost 17 months old. she tries to take her diaper off so may just start getting pull ups instead.
goddessmom3113
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 12:26 PM
this is just my first time to go through the whole process i may suggest to hubby the star thing though
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 1:13 PM

That sounds good & definitely use rewards ;)

Quoting goddessmom3113: yes she is showing interest. we will start her very soon going to go get the potty chair next weekend then will see i will however let her decide its not something we can get upset with her over she is 16 almost 17 months old. she tries to take her diaper off so may just start getting pull ups instead.

othermom
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Is she showing interest. What I did with my kids was I got a potty andstarted having them try to sit onj it first thing in the morning, before leaving any where, before and after nap and bed time to kind of get them used to it.

melindabelcher
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I've never made a big deal about it. My littles usually have followed me into the bathroom when i go. And around 18-20mo they start wanting a turn(to be like mommy) so we pull out the baby potty and let them sit down and do their tihng. All my kiddos have been potty learned or almost by 2.5yrs. My youngest is 2yr 4mo and she only is slightly wet when she wakes up from bed time and is dry almost all day every day. Shes been asking to wear her sisters panties so she wears panties at home now to :)

I find it easiest to let them lead the way and not actually "train"

egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:24 PM
The best advice I can give you is to let her decide when she's ready. Encourage her, but don't push. She's still really young so don't get your hopes up just yet. Also, I'm really not trying to burst your bubble I promise lol, but just because she's pulling her diaper off doesn't mean she's ready. My kids were all ripping their diapers off at 1 but none of them were ready to potty train then. I hope you don't take offense, I'm just telling you what I wish someone would have told me with my first. ☺
fostermommy1
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:25 PM

We bought one of those toilet seats with a kid seat built into it (magnets to the lid, actually super cool because when she uses the potty, it is actually the potty, not some silly plastic thing next to the potty).  She gets 1 M&M if she goes pee-pee and 4 M&Ms if she poops.  Plus we use potty stickers, small for pee and big for poop.  When we are home for long periods of time she wears her big girl panties and we ask frequently if she needs to go.  She's getting the hang of it, even making it through the night sometimes.  She's 2 1/2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)