Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I can't believe she wore that to the gym?

Posted by   + Show Post
I read a post on FB today. It was about what women really need to stop wearing to the gym. The header, written by the poster, read "lol, Sue, Laura we talk about this exact thing at the gym"

http://thoughtcatalog.com/emma-golden/2014/07/8-things-women-really-need-to-stop-wearing-at-the-gym/

Thinking I was going to read about some crazy gym attire. I clicked, as I read through it I was a little appalled by the degrading of women Who don't wear the "perfect" outfit.
It's so hard for so many women to feel comfortable enough with themselves to even go to the gym! Add insult to injury by them overhearing the cackling of fellow gym goers.
According to this article you can't wear: too loose, to tight, hats, hair down, name brand clothing, sports bras. Basically saying you're either too confident or not confident enough based on these wardrobe choices. o_0

If you go to the gym do you fear the scrutiny of your fellow women?
Do you chose not to go for this vary reason?
Have you ever experienced being torn down by other women in a gym?
Are you one of the women who poke fun at another woman's expense that doesn't fit your "mold"? If so why?

(side note, this is my first ever post)

Awe my first ever post was featured. Thanks lovely ladies :)
by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 7:13 PM
Replies (181-183):
bdgirl
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I love the gym I go to! Us regulars always introduce ourselves to new people and encourage them to come back. As for workout clothes, we love to brag about our $2 workout shirt we found on clearance or that free t-shirt that we Å•efurbished.
whisperwhisper
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate shitty posts about what women should stop wearing. For a start, I don't see a whole lot of "what men shouldn't wear" and all this shit says is, 'women, you don't own yourself enough to wear what the fuck you want.' You don't wanna see it? Look. Away.

azeventdiva
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I go, I wear whatever I feel like wearing to the gym that day, and could care less what others may think or say. What their little minds have to think about is their problem. I'm there for ME, not for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)