Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Feeling so lost

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 11:11 AM
  • 24 Replies

I am so tired. I am a 37 year old wife, mother, stepmother, and grandmother. I help my kids succeed in what they want to do, and I help dh succeed in his dreams. But what about mine? I want to be a stay at home mom and I decided to join a direct sales company. I love the products so that is a plus but I am having trouble getting parties booked. I did sell my crafts a little while back but that didn't work because it took so much of my time to make the items I was selling and then would make little to no money on them. I feel like I have lost myself and that I have put my dreams on the back burner for so long. What do I do? I am depressed and feel like I don't matter.

american flag ribbonyellow ribbon

Proud Umpire's Wife, Mom of 4, MeMe of 1, Army Mom, and Direct Sales Goddess! Call me Super Mom!

by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Aww hugs to you,
Are you able to not do the direct sales anymore?
What are some of your hobbies you like to do?
Hugs to you :)

ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 11:22 AM

I am doing direct sales but having issues getting parties booked. I did like to do plastic canvas but am burned out.

Quoting hugss:

Aww hugs to you,Are you able to not do the direct sales anymore?What are some of your hobbies you like to do?Hugs to you :)

hugss
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Aww you need to find something you really enjoying doing & try that maybe?
Any hobbies?

Quoting ladybugchick317:

I am doing direct sales but having issues getting parties booked. I did like to do plastic canvas but am burned out.

Quoting hugss:

Aww hugs to you,Are you able to not do the direct sales anymore?What are some of your hobbies you like to do?Hugs to you :)

booaura
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
You need to figure out who you are and what you want. No one else can fix this for you. What did you do before you lost yourself to your family? What was your passion? Your dreams?
ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 11:28 AM

I wanted to have my own business making handbags

Quoting booaura: You need to figure out who you are and what you want. No one else can fix this for you. What did you do before you lost yourself to your family? What was your passion? Your dreams?

ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 11:29 AM

I like to crochet and wanted to have my own business with handmade handbags. The more I do direct sales and see what all goes on the more I want my own direct sales business.

Quoting hugss:

Aww you need to find something you really enjoying doing & try that maybe?Any hobbies?

Quoting ladybugchick317:

Quoting hugss:

booaura
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
So do that. Figure out how to make it happen.

Quoting ladybugchick317:

I wanted to have my own business making handbags

Quoting booaura: You need to figure out who you are and what you want. No one else can fix this for you. What did you do before you lost yourself to your family? What was your passion? Your dreams?

hugss
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

So give that a try :)

Quoting ladybugchick317:

I like to crochet and wanted to have my own business with handmade handbags. The more I do direct sales and see what all goes on the more I want my own direct sales business.

Quoting hugss:

Aww you need to find something you really enjoying doing & try that maybe?Any hobbies?

Quoting ladybugchick317:

Quoting hugss:

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs, I know how hard it is for me.  I am trying to go out and find a job because I miss that part of me.  Sometimes being a stay at home mom can be so rewarding and other times so isolating.  I hope you can make some protypes of purses and maybe you can ask people for their feedback and figure out what styles they like and then maybe make some and take them to a festival or craft fair.

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Do you really need the income? I mean, how big of a difference is it making?

I'm so over the direct sales parties. I feel like they are a dime a dozen and I've started resenting all the women I know who seem to be pushing them more than anything.

Honestly, if it came to it, I'd get a part time job before doing something like that - and work while my kids are at school.

Anyway - whenever I feel a slump similar to the one you are describing, I immediately blame my hormones. Truly. I think women's hormone issues are the most overlooked medical issue in our society. There is lots you can do for natural hormone balance - diet, exercise, yoga or meditation, etc. But if everything else is in balance, and you still feel like poo - you might try finding a doc who will really listen and help you get to the bottom of hormone imbalance.

Hugs and good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)