Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I am so tired. I am a 37 year old wife, mother, stepmother, and grandmother. I help my kids succeed in what they want to do, and I help dh succeed in his dreams. But what about mine? I want to be a stay at home mom and I decided to join a direct sales company. I love the products so that is a plus but I am having trouble getting parties booked. I did sell my crafts a little while back but that didn't work because it took so much of my time to make the items I was selling and then would make little to no money on them. I feel like I have lost myself and that I have put my dreams on the back burner for so long. What do I do? I am depressed and feel like I don't matter.

american flag ribbonyellow ribbon

Proud Umpire's Wife, Mom of 4, MeMe of 1, Army Mom, and Direct Sales Goddess! Call me Super Mom!

by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Replies (21-24):
bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Welcome. =)

Sorry your not getting any support on trying to make you happy

Quoting ladybugchick317:

Thanks and Hugs to you too. I have been doing direct sales but getting little to no support on that end but everything about me keeps pointing back to my craft business.

Quoting bbyblueAK: This here. I am slowly finding myself and its been rough. Hugs to you OP.
Quoting booaura: You need to figure out who you are and what you want. No one else can fix this for you. What did you do before you lost yourself to your family? What was your passion? Your dreams?

ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Thanks. The support is not on not making me happy. I get plenty of support from dh and the kids but not from the direct sales company on how to get going and keep going. If a business is making you more stressed than satisfied then it is time to separate...right?

Quoting bbyblueAK: Welcome. =) Sorry your not getting any support on trying to make you happy
Quoting ladybugchick317:

Thanks and Hugs to you too. I have been doing direct sales but getting little to no support on that end but everything about me keeps pointing back to my craft business.

Quoting bbyblueAK: This here. I am slowly finding myself and its been rough. Hugs to you OP.
Quoting booaura: You need to figure out who you are and what you want. No one else can fix this for you. What did you do before you lost yourself to your family? What was your passion? Your dreams?

bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Yea I see your point. Hugs I hope you can find something.

Quoting ladybugchick317:

Thanks. The support is not on not making me happy. I get plenty of support from dh and the kids but not from the direct sales company on how to get going and keep going. If a business is making you more stressed than satisfied then it is time to separate...right?

Quoting bbyblueAK: Welcome. =) Sorry your not getting any support on trying to make you happy
Quoting ladybugchick317:

aimeerd
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:58 PM

I have that feeling as well. I want to start making stuff to sell but I have no idea where to start. I want to do esty but I am scared no one will buy my stuff. I do crochet and I want to do polymer clay stuff as well. I just don't know what will sell and what wont. Its kind of over whelming but I so want to do it. I just dont really have the money to start on Esty. So I dont know how to begain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)