Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I'm sooo tired!!

I'm 6 (almost 7mo) pregnant. I'm home alone all day, almost every day, with 3 kiddos (6, 4 and 2) Dh is working 12 hr days 4 days a week. Plus average of 10hr a week at EMT school. Sat he works 4-5 hrs at our church landscapping, and sundays we're at church 8-1. We have 1 vehichle. So i can't go anywhere. When he gets home from work he does no school work, has a few beers and watches tv. Leaving all his school work for his days off, which means no family time. 

On his days off he spends almost the entire time studying and taking his online quizes and tests. And he's barely passing (like literally his average is only 1-2 points over the cut off) Because he is barely passing he's stressed and irritable so the little time we do see him he is usually just grouchy. And then once the kids go to bed he wants to have sex and i'm just so irritated at him and tired from being up all day and stuck in an apartment. 

We're on the third floor, so after 20minutes of getting ready to go outside (bathroom, getting bottles of water, outside toys together etc) and getting outside. Within 30minutes someone has to go to the bathroom (often the 2yo) so all of us have to go back upstairs for another round of bathroom breaks. Or they run out of water or something! It's more work then its worth imo! To go on a walk i've got to bring the stroller down the stairs while leaving the kids upstairs or them down first then come back up for a stroller. The whole task is daunting and i just don't have the energy to even start all that! 

It's definetly making me feel more depressed. (something i already struggled with prior to pregnancy) I don't have the energy to get up early to do yoga, and i have no time during the day to do it. 

I've given up talking to dh about it. He just asks me "well, do you really think you're cut out to be a stay at home mom" "well i don't want my kids to be jipped educationally" Oh thanks for the support of offering to better schedule your time so you can actually be slightly helpful with the emotion, physical and educational well being of your wife and children!

I just feel like all this stress and gas is being wasted beause it's not likely he will pass the course. I don't want to sound unsupportive but i'm sooo over all this! 

And he's only making $10hr! For a family of soon to be 5 that just doesn't cut it! He could make $15/hr if he just went back to CNA but he doesn't like it so he won't do it. 

by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 7:27 PM
Replies (11-15):
TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 8:31 AM

No wonder you're tired! You have your hands full, girl!

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 1:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting 3sillykids:

so many things here, but let me start with the yoga (since I am a yoga teacher :)

You can absolutely do yoga with the kids! Do it in front of them. Let them see it. I promise you, they will join in. It may not be the calmest yoga session, but it will be really fun! Plus, you are passing that good habit onto them. And once they learn some cool fun yoga poses, you can start to incorporate meditation, which is a LIFESAVER when you have children!

It will also give you a sense of calm, and make you feel less tired. Once I realized I could do yoga with the kids, it was a game changer :)

Good luck to you!

Ooh yeah. My kids actually love yoga and totally calm down and take it seriously. I've done videos from the TV before, or I just sort of lead them in whatever I'd do anyway, and they seriously love it. They have mats at "Five and Below" and it helped to my kids their own mats.

And they always want relaxing music. 

egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 4:18 PM
(HUGS) I know it's hard.
momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 6:55 PM

I'm so sorry.  It must be so hard to deal with.  I know that you are at the end of your rope and I hope DH can realize what's going on with you.  I know he is in his world doing what he feels he needs to do but he needs to support you especially since you are pregnant.  I had to have a long talk with DH when I was pregnant with #2 and he finally got it. 

JunkYdMom
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:25 PM
You have a full plate, of course your tired!!
I'm not pregnant,.but I have 1yr old twins that are running me ragged..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN