Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

sick days!

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:28 PM
  • 19 Replies
Suck!!!!!
I have some kind of cold. Stuffy nose, headache, head pressure, sore and swollen throat plus being exhausted!!!!
Any perk up ideas/remedies?
What do/have you do/done to get through sick days?
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:05 PM

As a stay at home mom, just suffer.

And it is awful.

The thing I have to remember is that it is okay to neglect the house (and the kids) if necessary. I let mine watch movies so I can nap. I've even gone so far (on really bad days) to just put a whole bunch of snack food within reach and told them to keep the mess in the kitchen.

Things always go back to normal eventually and nothing has ever been permanently destroyed.

I will say, I had a really bad stomach virus earlier this year (and I'm also pregnant) and had two kids home that day and a husband who was stuck in court. I finally, in sheer death bed desperation, called a friend, and I'm so glad I did. She came and fed my 2 kids lunch and put the baby down for his nap, brought me tea and rice, and cleaned up my kitchen before she left. 

My house looked like a DSS report waiting to be written. But I seriously couldn't even pick my head up without becoming instantly vomitous and feeling like I was going to fall down. It was one of the more miserable days of my life.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:14 PM

sleep & hydrate - there's not much else to do

melindabelcher
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Yah I'm on suffer mode :(
Kiddos seem to be making so much trouble wrestling and getting into things :/
Soo awesome you had a friend to help!
I'll keep telling myself it won't be permanently destroyed lol!

Quoting clairewait:

As a stay at home mom, just suffer.

And it is awful.

The thing I have to remember is that it is okay to neglect the house (and the kids) if necessary. I let mine watch movies so I can nap. I've even gone so far (on really bad days) to just put a whole bunch of snack food within reach and told them to keep the mess in the kitchen.

Things always go back to normal eventually and nothing has ever been permanently destroyed.

I will say, I had a really bad stomach virus earlier this year (and I'm also pregnant) and had two kids home that day and a husband who was stuck in court. I finally, in sheer death bed desperation, called a friend, and I'm so glad I did. She came and fed my 2 kids lunch and put the baby down for his nap, brought me tea and rice, and cleaned up my kitchen before she left. 

My house looked like a DSS report waiting to be written. But I seriously couldn't even pick my head up without becoming instantly vomitous and feeling like I was going to fall down. It was one of the more miserable days of my life.

melindabelcher
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:21 PM
I'm going to make a cup of tea in just a minute. Been trying to drink water but I hate it today! (Usually it's all I drink)

Quoting Jinxed8:

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:25 PM

I was wicked sick last week - for the first time in my 9 year carreer where I work, I took 4 consecutive sick days in a row.  Nothing would stay down, I actually didn't eat for 48 hours - Gatorade was a life saver. 

Quoting melindabelcher: I'm going to make a cup of tea in just a minute. Been trying to drink water but I hate it today! (Usually it's all I drink)
Quoting Jinxed8:

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Aww, hope you feel better soon.

I don't get sick much but when I do it hits hard. I definitely try to rest and don't even worry about the house or dinner. I am not much of a medicine person but usually when I get sick it's my throat that bothers me the most. I like to boil some water and then put some fresh lemon juice in it and some honey. When I am able to eat I stick with some warm chicken noodle soup. I will suck on some throat drops also and if my headache wont go away I will force myself to take some Advil.

Being sick really sucks especially when you have real small ones to take care of.

JunkYdMom
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 6:03 PM
We have the same sickness...ugh!
I've been taking Sudafed it's helped some. My twins actually took a nap at the same time that was the most help today.
Here's to feeling better soon!
melindabelcher
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 6:07 PM
I broke down into tears yesterday because I did manage to get dinner in the crockpot only to have it turn out wrong :/ everyone hated it(usually its a fave) and had pb&j instead. Today I didnt even try.

Quoting natural_s:

Aww, hope you feel better soon.

I don't get sick much but when I do it hits hard. I definitely try to rest and don't even worry about the house or dinner. I am not much of a medicine person but usually when I get sick it's my throat that bothers me the most. I like to boil some water and then put some fresh lemon juice in it and some honey. When I am able to eat I stick with some warm chicken noodle soup. I will suck on some throat drops also and if my headache wont go away I will force myself to take some Advil.

Being sick really sucks especially when you have real small ones to take care of.

melindabelcher
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 6:09 PM
Oh no I hope everyone there is feeling better soon to :(
How old are your twins?
Sudafed sounds perfect! I wonder if it's preggo safe? Off to google dr lol.

Quoting JunkYdMom: We have the same sickness...ugh!
I've been taking Sudafed it's helped some. My twins actually took a nap at the same time that was the most help today.
JunkYdMom
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 6:12 PM
My twins are 13 months. I think the plain red Sudafed is as long as you don't have high bp, but that could have changed in the last year...lol

Quoting melindabelcher: Oh no I hope everyone there is feeling better soon to :(
How old are your twins?
Sudafed sounds perfect! I wonder if it's preggo safe? Off to google dr lol.

Quoting JunkYdMom: We have the same sickness...ugh!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)