Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Christmas in July anyone ?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:23 PM
  • 13 Replies

This weekend I'm Christmas shopping ! Yup you read right.  No I'm not crazy or certifiable ...

DH's family lives 750 miles away from us - and in August a relative is coming to visit us and she's driving so, in order to save on time, shipping fees and all that good stuff, we'll be sending back the gifts with her !  LOL We did that last year as well and it worked out great !  She will also be giving us Our presents to stash away until Christmas.

To be honest I actually started shopping months ago when all the post Christmas sales were on ... I started stock piling stuff.  So I actually have very little stuff to buy this weekend. But I have a lot of wrapping to do !

Do you think I'm crazy or do you stock pile too ?

by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TristanMitchael
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL. I was reading this and a commercial came on for a Christmas in July sale.

Anyways, I usually start doing Christmas shopping after August since both of my kids have august birthdays. Anything in get before august gets used for birthdays. I'm hoping ton have most of my shopping done by November since I'm due with this baby.
egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:37 PM
That actually sounds like a smart idea.
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Well we just bought our "big" Christmas present for DS...
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:51 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:17 AM

You're smart!
Wish I could do that :)

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

That is such a great idea!  I'm sure its nice not having to rush around like the rest of us in November/December.  

BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:09 PM

I can't hold on to a gift that long....I can barely make it a few days to the holiday. lol  If I do buy early I usually end up giving the gift early and then buying another one to wrap for the occassion. 

JTE11
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you're smart. I shop when there are sales and when what I need is available. You have to buy swim suits in December anymore, and winter stuff now, it's crazy. But anyway, I have already bought most of the stuff I'm getting DD for Christmas and it's just sitting in boxes waiting. I think your plan is great!

Sammi20
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:31 AM

lol nice.. I wait till last minute.. I shouldn't but I do.. I have no patience... if they were here I'd want to open them.. and the cat will rip the wrapping off...

CABZS
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 6:04 PM
I am almost done with my shopping :)
melindabelcher
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Really smart idea
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN